Physical Research Laboratory Announces Research fellowship Programme
Research Programme 2019. Msc Chemistry Research Fellowship Programme. Research Fellowship Programme 2019. Fellowship Programme 2019. Applications are invited from highly motivated students for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), leading to a Ph.D. degree. The broad areas of ongoing research activities in PRL are Astronomy & Astrophysics, Solar Physics, Space & Atmospheric Sciences, Atomic, Molecular & Optical Physics, Theoretical Physics, Geosciences and Planetary Sciences. Check out all the details on the same below:
Eligibility criteria for applying to the JRF Programme
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Science or Engineering with first class (60%) or equivalent grades at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels. We encourage science/engineering students to apply for our JRF programme and emphasize that students should be interested in carrying out doctoral research in the above-mentioned areas only. We expect prospective candidates to have a reasonably good proficiency in basic physics and mathematics.
- Master’s degree should be on or after 2017. Those students expecting Master’s degree by August 2019 are also eligible to apply, subject to having secured first class (60%) or equivalent grades up to the last semester.
- Applicants should have qualified in any one of the following examinations:
- CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test, NET [December 2017/June 2018/December 2018] in Chemical Sciences.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) [GATE 2017/GATE 2018/GATE 2019] in Chemistry.
Selection Procedure :
- All the candidates interested in applying to the PRL JRF programme must fill the online application form.
- Fulfilling minimum qualification and filling online application do not guarantee a call for an interview. The applications received in response to this advertisement shall be scrutinized by taking into account their CSIR-UGC-NET/GATE/JEST and Post Graduation scores and shortlist will be prepared. Candidates shortlisted as per PRL norms will be called for an interview.
- Those candidates whose Post Graduation final semester/year results are not declared but qualify through the interview will be provisionally offered JRF in PRL. However, their joining will be regularized subject to their scoring an aggregate of the first class (60% marks) in Post-Graduation.
How To Apply:
- Candidates are advised to apply well before the closing date and not wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/local server issues/power failure etc.
- A valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number is mandatory for registration. E-mail ID should be kept active. Status of successful registration will be sent to the registered e-mail ID.
- Candidates are requested to fill in the online application form with utmost care, as no modifications will be allowed after submitting the application form. Request for change/correction in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances after submitting the application form.
- PRL will not be responsible for any consequences arising due to furnishing incorrect/incomplete details or failure to provide the required details. Submitting the online application does not guarantee a call for the selection procedure
|Online Application Starts||17.03.2019 (07:00 am onward)|
|Last date for online Application||20 April 2019 (till 17.00 hrs.)|
|Dates for Interviews at PRL, Ahmedabad||27-28 May and 17-18 June 2019|
Editor’s Note: Research Fellowship programme, Fellowship programme 2019, Research Programme 2019, Msc Chemistry Research Fellowship Programme 2019.Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest job updates.