NISER Admission to Ph.D Program: 2019-20 Summer Session
The notification for the Admission to Ph.D. Program – 2019-20 (Summer Session) has been announced at NISER Bhubaneswar. Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to Ph.D. program scheduled to commence from 26th July 2019 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar Interested applicants can check details on the eligibility criteria, courses offer, application procedure, research areas, contact details, and application link all given below:
1. School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
2. School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
3. School of Computer Sciences (SCPS)
4. School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
5. School of Mathematical Sciences (SMS)
6.School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
Chemical Science Stream: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Chemistry or allied
Chemistry fields. Student with Master’s degree in any branches of Basic Sciences with Undergraduate degree in Chemistry (or chemistry as one of the subjects) or M.Tech in
applied Chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry are also encouraged to apply.
Requirement of Qualifying in National Level Examinations for pursuing Ph.D. program: Candidates should have qualified at least one of these
National Level Examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC NET, GATEvalid for the academic year
Fellowship: Candidates should have qualified at least one of these National Level Examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC NET, GATEvalid for the academic year 2019-2020.
Note: Candidates who are appearing in the final semester/year of qualifying examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply. However, they should have scored minimum 60% or
equivalent grade till the end of the third semester / relevant year as the case may be. If
selected, their admission will be subject to submission of final semester/year result
mark sheet wherein they should have obtained the requisite percentage/grade as
mentioned above atSl. No. 1.
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates
among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy
additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a
written test, if necessary, for the admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the
selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend
candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, secondsleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the
Institute. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
How to Apply
- The application form has to be filled up online at http://www.niser.ac.in and
candidates should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the
application submission process. At the time of application, along with this online
form, the candidate should upload soft copy of the supporting documents as per the
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up online
application forms for each school and submit separate forms with appropriate
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with signature of the
referee on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of interview.
The copy of the reference letter is available online.
- NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for
- Online application will be activated on – 02.03.2019 (Saturday)
- Last date for filling up online application – 01.04.2019 (Monday)
View Main Notification