Chemistry Phd Admission Notification 2019 @ IIST
Chemistry Phd Admission Notification 2019 @ IIST. Career @ IIST. Ph.D. Admission programme 2019 for chemistry candidates. Check out all the details on the same below:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology envisions basic and applied research for Fulfilling the Federal R&D requirements of Science and Technology in general and the Indian Space Programme in particular. The institute provides a vibrant research atmosphere and offers doctoral and postdoctoral programmes.
Applications are invited from highly motivated applicants for admission to the Ph.D.. Programme starting in the sections –
- All scholars selected to the programme specializations listed in Table 1 shall receive a fellowship of Rs.25000/- per month. (Research Scholars selected with UGC/CSIR/NET-JRF/NBHM and State Government Science and Technology Scheme etc., shall draw fellowship from the concerned organizations). For all research scholars with external fellowship, the concerned rules and regulations apply.
- The fellowship will be enhanced based on a performance review after two years of Research
- The scholars will be required to assist the Departments in tutorials, practical training in labs or similar academic activities normally limited to 6 hours per week
- The scholars will have to pay applicable fees as well as charges for the services provided by the Institute like boarding/lodging/medical facilities etc., as per IIST rules.
- For those who receive fellowship from agencies such as DST, CSIR, NBHM, UGC and candidates who have been provided research fellowship by State Government Science and Technology Scheme through competitive written test etc., the Institute will not bear the fellowship of the student if the same is stopped due to any reasons by the concerned agency.
- The Institute is completely residential and will provide accommodation to all the regular Ph.D. students. However, in the event of a shortage of rooms in the hostels, preference will be given for room allotment to candidates whose fellowships are borne by the Institute.
- Applications will be received until November 14, 2018, through online only
- Candidates having the fellowship from funding agencies such as DST, CSIR, NBHM, UGC, State Government Science and Technology Scheme etc, applying to research areas in Table 2 may also apply for other research areas in Table 1, if eligible. Final decision on the eligibility of such fellowships will be taken by IIST
- Candidates are advised to visit the individual department profile for more details on the respective areas of research
- Candidates with a valid fellowship from Government funding agencies shall upload a scanned copy of the fellowship award letter
- A short-list of applicants for written test or interview will be displayed in IIST website by November 21, 2018
- The Ph.D. written screening test will be for one and half hours, starting at 9:30 AM on December 02, 2018 (Sunday) in the cities listed below.
- New Delhi
- The written screening test for candidates without holding eligibility through a national test for Ph.D. admissions will have two parts A & B. Part A (40 marks) will comprise of questions that test both aptitude and mathematics, Part B (60 marks) will have questions related to the subject area that are identified in the eligibility. While Part A (30 minutes duration) will be conducted first for all candidates, Part B (60 minutes duration) will be held starting from 10:15 AM and lasting one hour for different subject areas. A student applying to multiple research areas can write the corresponding subject area (Part B) of the various different research areas in the indicated time slot
- Candidates screened in through the written test will be called for an interview to be held at IIST, Thiruvananthapuram on 17th and 18th December 2018
- Provisionally selected candidates list, after the interview, will be displayed in the IIST website on December 21, 2018.
- Outstation applicants will be reimbursed to-and-fro sleeper class train fare/bus fare by the shortest route from the place mentioned in the application to Thiruvananthapuram, or actual fare paid (whichever is less) for attending the interview. The applicants are advised to make their own arrangements for their stay at Thiruvananthapuram
- No travel support will be provided for attending the written screening test
- Admissions are governed by Ph.D. Rules and Regulations of IIST. (https://www.iist.ac.in/academics/rules-regulations).
- The date of the Written Screening Test and the dates of the Interview will not be changed under any circumstances
How to Apply
- Applications shall be submitted online at the IIST website: http://admission.iist.ac.in. Applications received online only will be considered.
- The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in their registration profile once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the applicants while filling their profile
- Application fee is to the extent of Rs. 700/- per Department (for SC/ST/PD and Women applicants – Rs.350/- per Department). If the applicant is eligible and wishes to apply for more than one Research Area in the same Department, he/she need not pay any additional application fee. The application fee is non-refundable. Applicants who wish to apply to multiple departments will have to pay the appropriate application fee (sum of the application fee for each department).
- The application fee shall be paid, once enabled by the system one day after the registration, through “SBI Collect” only.
- Applicants who are employed in Government/Semi Government/PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies need to produce a “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the current employer at the time of Interview
Last Date To Apply: November 14, 2018