Chemistry Fellowship @ Indian Oil | Simon Fraser University
Chemistry Fellowship @ Indian Oil | Simon Fraser University. Career @ Indian Oil | Simon Fraser University. Msc chemistry candidates and chemical engineering candidates are invited for fellowship program @ Indian Oil | Simon Fraser University. Check out all the details for the same below:
No.of Research Fellow Required: 3
Department: Clean Energy, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Technology, Natural Gas and Advanced Materials
• Selected candidates will undertake 12 months of initial course and Research work at Simon Fraser University (SFU), Canada and subsequently 3 years of Ph.D. Research work in India. The registration at SFU, Canada shall commence in May/ Sept. 2019.
• Selected candidates will have to work under the supervision of two guides. The SFU guide is the formal thesis supervisor as per SFU degree requirements and a guide from IOC R&D will be overseeing the research in collaboration with the thesis supervisor during the research period in India. Topics relevant to IOCL /SFU will only be allowed for the fellowship.
• All selected applicants would be required to register for Ph.D. at Simon Fraser University (SFU), Vancouver Canada and fulfill the requirements for a Ph.D. degree. They will receive a 100% Tuition fee award for four years and a stipend to the tune of CAD 13000 to support living expenses during the one year stay in Canada.
• IOCL would offer a fellowship amount which will be 25% more than the prevailing rate under CSIR Research Fellowship scheme as applicable, HRA @ 30% of the fellowship amount for the period of study in India.
• The Fellow will be required to apply for a valid Indian passport, procure required VISA overseas insurance and bear all such expenses including travel cost to and from Canada.
- Candidates must have completed their Master’s degree from a recognized university in
India in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- The candidate must have cleared all the exams from Graduation and Post graduation level in First Class scoring above 70% marks in the final exams for Engineering Streams and more than 80 % marks for masters in Chemistry.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have cleared CSIR/UGC-NET / GATE exam. However, in case the candidate joins the Fellowship he/she shall not be allowed to avail any other fellowship.
- Candidates will be required to fulfill SFU admission criteria for a doctoral degree in Engineering or Science (applicants will be required to provide evidence that demonstrates that they are capable of undertaking substantial original research (i.e. a copy of candidate’s B.Sc./M.Sc. thesis, particulars about research work over the past 18 months, with whom the candidate has been affiliated with, copies of research reports or papers authored or co-authored).
Age Limit: The upper age limit for applying for the above fellowship is 28 years as on 30 th September 2018
How To Apply:
Application form can be downloaded from link http://iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx and completed typed / computer printed application forms along with Biodata should be sent to the following address by post only. No couriers will be accepted.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be called for Interviews at IOCL R&D Faridabad on 5-6 Dec 2018. No TA /DA will be paid for attending Interviews. Information for interviews will be given on email and through SMS on the Mobile phone. Candidates have to clearly indicate these details in the enclosed Application form.
Last Date for receiving Applications: 3rd October 2018
Note: Please contact Mr. Alok Sharma. CGM (AE) at 01292297684 for any clarification
View Main Notification