Chemistry Job : Research Scientist Post Vacant @ Syngenta
MSc and PhD chemistry candidates are encouraged to apply online for a research scientist position at Syngenta. Syngenta is recruiting for msc and phd chemistry candidates for a research positions. Syngenta is hiring for msc and phd chemistry research vacancies as per the details given below:
Job Title: Junior Research Scientist
Job Number : 1801529
- Carry out the synthesis of new chemical entities for biological evaluation as crop protection agents as directed by their team leader
- To deliver compounds by carrying out multi-step syntheses of organic compounds which are obtained in high purity for testing as crop protection agents
- Seek and apply improvements in chemistry/technique in order to solve synthetic or scale up problems
- To use relevant analytical methods to independently interpret the results
- To record and report research results and laboratory protocols accurately and in real time
- Work to agreed Syngenta standards with respect to quality and HSE
- To utilise the available resources such as the laboratory infrastructure chemicals responsibly
- To actively participate and contribute to discussions in project meetings
- To actively seek opportunities to work innovatively
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- PhD/MSc in Chemistry preferably Organic chemistry
- Excellent experimental skills as evidenced by independent project work
- Ability to plan and organise work to achieve a high level of productivity and to meet important deadlines.
- Experience with the use of hard-copy and computer-based chemical information systems
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- One or two years’ experience in a similar role will be an added advantage
Age : 22 to 30 years
Critical Skills : good written and verbal communication skills, ability to record and report scientific results in a clear manner, ability to work in cross cultural environment.
- Desirable – experience of 2 to 3 years in a synthetic organic chemistry lab.
- Education / Qualifications:M.Sc. or PhD in Organic Chemistry from a reputed institution