Reliance Industries Ltd
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is India’s largest private sector company, with a consolidated turnover of INR 330,180 crore ($50.9 billion), cash profit of INR 42,800 crore ($6.6 billion), and net profit of INR 29,901 crore ($4.6 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2017.Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is India’s largest private sector company, with a consolidated turnover of INR 330,180 crore ($50.9 billion), cash profit of INR 42,800 crore ($6.6 billion), and net profit of INR 29,901 crore ($4.6 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2017.
Job Title: Lab Analyst
- Inspection of received routine samples and distribution of samples as per type of analysis to the different sections of the laboratory.
- Communicate to shift in charge for any abnormal samples or non-receipt of routine sample as per schedule.
- Adherence to standard test methods or work instructions and compliance to Quality system procedures.
- Carry out required tests and confirms test results by using validation techniques before reporting for ensuring reliability of the result.
- Detect exceptions or deviations in test results and highlight / report to concern.
- Perform on-spot mitigation in emergency situation under the guidance of the shift in charge.
- Ensure effective sample management.
- Dispose left over samples safely in the identified container.
- Ensure timely entry of test results in LIMS.
- Ensure availability of analytical gears (instrument/equipment/glassware etc.) by cleaning and maintaining them for next experiment / test.Maintain Good housekeeping in laboratory.
- Data Management
- Proper entries of results recording in the raw data book / LIMS / process register / and maintain in individual raw data book for recording work carried out.
- HSE & other regulatory compliance
- Follow applicable HSEF procedures/ practices
- Stay aware of environmental, site, statutory, IP regulations
- Handle chemicals and tools as per safety norms
- Ensure safe working conditions.Report unsafe act / unsafe condition to lab management for correction.Learning & mentoring
- Self-initiative for trainings to enhance competencies
- Participate in external trainings and events as advised by the section head.Business / Function-specific Competencies (Technical /Functional)Timely execution of assigned tasks
- Erratic changes in plans
- Working with multiple interface such as business, customers, operations, E&M and HSEF
- Sample management
- Exceptions or deviations in test results
- Prioritization of assigned activities
- HSEF -specific Competencies
- Fire Safety Management
- Waste Management
- Integrated Management System
- RIL HSE Management System
- HSE Policy, Principles, Standards and Procedures & Practices
Education Requirement :
- B.Sc. Chemistry or Diploma Chemical engineering
Experience Requirement :
- Preferably, 2 years in QA/QC discipline.
Skills & Competencies :
- Relevant knowledge of the test procedure and results reporting as per standard method requirement.
- Sample Handling as per category and performing analysis as per standard method.
- Knowledge of process stream samples with respect to critical results.
- Ability to learn different types of chemical / Instrumental testing.
- Effective communication for any abnormal / off spec result to Shift In-charge.