National Institute of Technology Manipur
Langol, Imphal (Manipur), Pin 795004,
Ph: (0385) 2445812/ Email:[email protected]
An Autonomous Institute under MHRD, Govt. of India
Applications are invited from the Indian citizens for filling up the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under the project (37(2)/14/18/2017-BRNS) sponsored by the BRNS, Govt. of India, at the Department of Chemistry, NIT Manipur under the principal investigator (PI) of Dr. Mithun Roy, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, NIT Manipur. The details of the advertisement are given below.
Name of the Position : Junior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts : 01
Name of the Project : Iron-carboxylate complexes as the cancer-specific metallo-prodrugs
Principal Investigator : Dr. Mithun Roy, Department of Chemistry, NIT Manipur
Tenure of Project : 03 Years
Age Limit : Not more than 30 years as on the last date of application (SC /ST/ OBC/ PWD/ WOMEN candidates will get relaxation as per Govt. Of India Rules)
Fellowship : Rs 25,000/- per month
Essential Qualification :
(i) MSc/MS in Chemistry, Chemical Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology
(ii) NET/GATE or equivalent qualification
Desirable Qualifications & Experience :
- Fundamental knowledge and research background in areas of synthesis of chemical compounds and cell biology
- Working experience in handling column chromatography, HPLC, NMR, HRMS, various types of cancer cells, fluorescence microscopy, FACS, related biological assay.
- Good writing & communication skill over English language.
How to Apply:
- Duly filled in application forms along with the recent passport size photograph, self-attested photo copies of the degree certificate and mark sheets with complete bio-data must be sent to PI, “Dr. Mithun Roy, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology Manipur, Langol, Imphal – Manipur 795004” in the prescribed format by hand or speed/registered post. On the envelope please inscribe “Application for the post of JRF for BRNS Project (37(2)/14/18/2017-BRNS) in Chemistry”.
- Filled application form must reach on or before 12th March, 2018 till 05:00 P.M. Candidates may send a scanned copy of the same in advance to [email protected] for review purpose.
- A screening committee shall shortlist the candidates to be called for interview, based on the specialization and availability of candidates and requirements as per the project. NIT Manipur reserves the right to fix suitable criteria for short-listing of eligible candidates satisfying advertised qualification and requirement of the JRF post.
- List of the shortlisted candidates will be uploaded in the institute website (www.nitmanipur.ac.in) and shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail or may be communicated over telephone/mobile about the interview date. So, the candidate must provide valid e-mail IDs and contact number in their applications and no separate call letter will be issued.
- Only the shortlisted candidate will be informed. No communication from other candidates will be entertained.
- Tentative date of interview of the shortlisted candidates will be between 26-30th March, 2018 in the Department of Chemistry, NIT Manipur, Langol campus, Imphal West, Manipur- 795004.
- Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview.
- Complete information regarding NET/GATE score (if applicable) such as: year of passing,
discipline, score, marks, All India Rank and the number of candidates appeared should be mentioned in the application form.
- Mere fulfillment of the required qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be shortlisted or called for interview. The Principal Investigator of the project reserves the right to fill or not fill the position.
- The applicant will be responsible for the authentic of information, other documents and
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Application Deadline – on or before 12th March, 2018 till 05:00 P.M.