International Flavors & Fragrances is an American corporation. It is a major producer of flavors and fragrances and cosmetic actives, which it markets globally.
Job Title: Process Engineer
Tracking Code : 4842-292
Job Location : Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
The Process Engineer is an important position in the Production and Operations organizations. The position is important in setting up the production and process flow to optimize capacity utilization and throughput from the plant. This position also sets up the process for success by providing the fundamental quality engineering tools and skills to successfully create and implement process improvement, process and quality control. This position requires successful interaction with all plant functional management , Toller Management and workforce to understand, manage, develop, simplify and improve processes using the entire basket of quality engineering skills as appropriate.
In the India Greenfield project, the process engineer shall play a major role in design/qualification/commissioning of the green-field site. He will play a major role in developing/designing processeses, setting up SAP, DMA, scaling up of products, etc.,
This position maintains a strong presence within the production environment. It reports directly to the Project Lead.
- Understanding of the Production and Process flow. Sound knowledge on the equipments and their design parameters . Knowledge of interpreting flow diagrams like PFD , PID etc…
- Design/Commissioning/qualification/Scale-up of new facility
- Investigate existing processes for optimizations where applicable, make recommendations and implement improvements.
- Investigate existing process in toller’s operation and provie optimizations where applicable.
- Write manufacturing SOPs / Recipes (SAP text) for new formula creations. Validate the existing formulations for the correctness and appropriateness of recipe and do modification.
- Assist Process Development, R&D and Creative staff members with new product introductions to shop floor. Assist in scale up of new products in shop-floor.
- Review the existing DMA table and suggest modification and reposition DMA table for future requirements.
- Write SOPs as required for new pieces of equipment and/or new process implementation Investigate process.
- Well versed with the Process Safety Management ( PSM ) and Process Hazard Analysis principles to ensure that the flow , process and equipments adheres to safety standards. He will be the custodian of Process safety.
- Evaluate new process design, assign equipment resources and provide input for value added costing analyses.
- Drive continuous process improvement through problem solving with cross-functional teams using Statistical Process Control and Lean Manufacturing tools, such as Process Flow mapping, 5s, and Six Sigma.
- Monitor processes for efficiency and investigate quality non-conformances.
- Develop repair protocol for rejected batches (i.e. adjustment, rework, blend off etc.).
7 – 10 years in Chemical/Food/Pharma Industry in Process engineering/production environment