(An Autonomous institute of Department of science and Technology, GOI)
Habitat Centre, Phase X, Sector 64, Mohali-160062, Punjab]
The Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) Mohali is an autonomous institution of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India under the Society Registration Act, 1960.
Job Title: Research Associate (RA) and Project Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Posts: 2
Project Title: Photocatalytic Water Splitting to produce H2 and Fine Chemicals under Natural Sunlight” (Project from DST-Nanomission
Principal Investigator: Dr. Kamalakannan Kailasam, Scientist E
Funding Agency: DST-Nanomission Project
Project Research Associate (RA): Must not be over 35 years as on 22nd January, 2018 is relaxable as per GOI norms.
Project Junior Research Fellow (JRF): Must not be over 28 years as on 22nd January, 2018 which is relaxable as per GOI norms.
Project Research Associate (RA): ₹ 36,000/- + 20% HRA per month
Project Junior Research Fellow (JRF): ₹ 25,000/- + 20% HRA per month
Job Description: DST-Nanomission project involves the synthesis of nanomaterials for simultaneous hydrogen production through water splitting and fine chemicals under natural sunlight. Eventually, prototype will be built using these nanomaterials for large-scale hydrogen production and fine chemicals.
Project Research Associate (RA): Either having PhD degree or should have submitted thesis in the field of Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Material science with in depth understanding/ hands on experience in synthesis of nanomaterials, photocatalysis, organic compounds and handling of spectroscopic and chromatographic techniques.
Project Junior Research Fellow (JRF): M. Sc. / M. Tech. in any discipline of Chemistry/ Material Science with NET/LS/GATE, etc.
- Project Research Associate (RA): Candidate having industrial interaction/experience along with device fabrication will be of added advantage. Should have publications in high impact factor journals are the must.
- Project Junior Research Fellow (JRF): Research experience in synthesis of nanomaterials, organic compounds and handling of spectroscopic and chromatographic techniques.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The positions are temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance. The positions shall be coterminous with the project. Candidate selected for JRF position can also apply for the regular PhD program provided they satisfy the eligibility criterion for PhD program in INST norms.
- Completely filled, signed application form in the prescribed format (attached) and synopsis must be submitted as per the attached template.
- Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview. Self-attested photocopies of these documents are to be sent along with application and also to be provided at the time of interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communication in this regard will be entertained. It should be noted that the candidates residing beyond 1000 km from Mohali may opt for online interview if shortlisted.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
How to Apply:
Completed APPLICATION FORMS (for both RA and JRF) and SYNOPSIS (for RA candidates only) should reach on or before January-22, 2018 by post or via email attachment (all files as one combined PDF) addressed to:
Dr. KAMALAKANNAN KAILASAM,
Scientist-E/ Associate Professor
Institute of Nano Science and Technology,
Habitat Centre, Phase-X,
Sector-64, Mohali, Punjab – 160062
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline – on or before January-22, 2018