PhD Admissions 2018-2019 – Chemistry @ IIT Indore
IIT Indore invites applications from highly motivated and research oriented students for admission for its PhD
Program in the Discipline of Chemistry as per the below mentioned categories of admission and time schedule.
Candidates can join at any time of the year in the PhD program at IIT Indore. The PhD course work will start at the
beginning of the semester
Categories of Admission : Admission to Full-Time PhD program are offered under the following categories
- FA (Fellowship Awardee) : Fellowship Awardees from the agencies such as CSIR, UGC etc. OR
JRF/SRF OR with other position as a project staff working in a Sponsored Research Project (under a
faculty member PI of the project) of IIT Indore. The scholarship will be as per the rules/guidelines of the
concerned funding agency.
- TA : Teaching Assistantship with scholarship as per MHRD guidelines
Eligibility Criterion (Qualifying Degree and Exam):
1. Minimum first class* Master degree in the relevant Chemistry/Physics or relevant discipline, with valid GATE
qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification OR equivalent fellowship
2. Minimum first class* Bachelor degree in the relevant discipline from a reputed Institute with a valid GATE
*The first class is defined as
(i) 60 % marks for GEN/OBC (55% for SC/ST) category in aggregate or as specified by the university/institute OR
(ii) CPI/CGPA of 6.0 for GEN/OBC (5.5 for SC/ST) category on the scale of 10 with corresponding proportional
requirements when the scales are other than on 10 (for example 4.8 for GEN/OBC category (4.4 for SC/ST) on a scale
of 8) , OR
(iii) A first class as specified by the University/Institute awarding the degree
How to Apply:
1. After the deadline, only the shortlisted candidates would be emailed regarding the interview date.
2. No emails or communication in any form regarding shortlisted candidates, accommodation,
change of interview date, syllabus of written test and/or interview etc will be entertained.
3. The candidates must apply online through our website (http://academic.iiti.ac.in:8080/nregistration.jsp).
4. Application Fee: Rs. 100/- (INR) to be paid through State Bank Collect
(https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm) Kindly note that documents should NOT be sent
by post to IIT Indore. The date of written test and interview will be communicated to shortlisted
applicants via email only.
5. Candidates who wish to appear for the PhD selection process and fulfill the eligibility criteria may also send
their resume/CVs to the faculty member.
6. Mere fulfilling the eligibility will not entitle any candidate for shortlisting
NOTE: Please do not post the application form, bank draft and any other documents. Please
refer to point number 4 of Instructions.
Last date of Online Application through http://academic.iiti.ac.in:8080/nregistration.jsp : Jan 15, 2018
Date of Written Test and/or Interview : Will be emailed to short-listed candidates