Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
Advertisement for Junior Research Fellow
in the area of
Condensed aerosols for next-generation fire extinguishers
IIT Gandhinagar invites applications for one Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in the area of “Condensed aerosols for next-generation fire extinguishers”. The work involves generation and characterization of aerosols for effective fire extinguishing.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Posts: 1
Project Title: Condensed aerosols for next-generation fire extinguishers
Salary: Compensation will be 25,000/- per month (consolidated salary). Initial appointment will be for 1 year with the possibility of renewal for up to one more years depending on performance.
– BTech degree + valid GATE /M.Tech degree in Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
from reputed institute
– Strong motivation and commitment to take-up research ventures in the field of aerosols
– Background in experimental research with nano-particle /aerosol synthesis and its characterization
– Background with the aerosol dynamics, heat transfer, thermodynamics, solids decomposition
– Familiarity with aerosol and fire dynamics
– The candidate with product development experience
Those interested are requested to e-mail a single zipped file containing (1) Curriculum vitae highlighting education and expertise, (2) List of referees and their contact details, (3) one page statement of purpose. Please apply and send your application to [email protected]. Please note that your single zipped file should be named as _UAY-JRF_IITGN.zip and the subject line of the email should be “UAY-JRF-IITGN”. Candidates shortlisted for the interview will be informed and they are to submit the hardcopies of all these documents, if they are selected. Incomplete application forms i.e. resumes only without the above mentioned documents will be rejected. Deadline: The last date for application is December 31, 2017. For any queries regarding the research area, please feel free to contact Prof. Chinmay Ghoroi at [email protected].
Application Deadline – December 31, 2017