We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. We also aim to provide a shareholder return that rewards those who invest their money, time and ideas in our company.
Job Title: Associate Scientist
No. of Posts: 1
1. Meet quality, quantity and timelines in all assigned projects. (I) 2. Perform and document scientific experiments as planned. Seeks proactively for support and coaching from Project Leader or Scientific Expert/or other team members during the whole process if necessary. (I) 3. Provide documentation of raw data (ARD), experimental details (PHAD) (I) 4. Optimize existing methods (lab or plant) or contribute to new method development and reproduce published methods (For ARD) (I) 5. Optimize existing composition and/or contribute to new formulation composition and process (For PHAD). (I) 6. Actively support the transfer of analytical (ARD)/formulation technology (PHAD) or manufacturing procedures to pilot plant or production, including process steering controls etc. (I) 7. Communicate problems, perform safety and literature searches under guidance from more experienced team members. (I) 8. Address simple problems. (I) 9. Keep record of chemicals, intermediates, excipients and solvents within own area of responsibility. (I) 10. Collaborate with other team members to facilitate deliveries of DS and/or DP. (I) 11. Perform routine maintenance and calibration of lab instruments/equipment. (I) 12. Actively contributes to team goals. (I) 13. Ensure all own activities are aligned with overall drug development process. (B) 14. Work according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, GLP, QM, HSE, ISEC & Novartis Guidelines. (N)
Desirable: M.Pharm./M.Sc./M.Tech Adequate knowledge of English (oral and written).
- Minimum of 1.5 years of relevant experience
- Awareness for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
- Adequate scientific or technical knowledge in a spe-cific area (e.g. synthetic, analytical, galenical).
- Adequate knowledge of laboratory and/or technical tools.
- Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
- Basic presentation skills.