Amgen is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions. To underpin our commitment to serve patients, Amgen is expanding our Research and Development facility in Bangalore, India. The successful candidate will be expected to design, develop and perform validated biological, biophysical and pharmacological assays to support our drug discovery effort. This Senior Scientist will lead our assay work in partnership with colleagues in North America. He/She will oversee a local team of scientists specifically dedicated to his effort and will report to the Chemistry, Characterization and Technologies team based in North America.
Job Title: Sr. Scientist
No. of Posts: 1
Master’s degree & 5 years of scientific experience
Bachelor’s degree & 7 years of scientific experience
- PhD in pharmacology, physiology, cell biology, molecular biology or a related discipline
- Post graduate training or work experience in US/Canada/Europe.
- Minimal 5+years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry (US/Canada/Europe pharma preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular and cellular reagent generation.
- Deep expertise in the development & implementation of cell-based (e.g., second messenger, ion flux, reporter gene), biochemical (e.g., enzymatic activity, molecular interactions, protein modifications) or biophysical (e.g., surface plasmon resonance) assays in 96-, 384- or 1536-well microtiter plate format
- Experience in the operation of fluorescence/luminescence plate readers (e.g., Molecular Devices FLIPR, Perkin Elmer EnVision, Corning Epic) and automated liquid handlers (e.g., Agilent Bravo, Labcyte Echo)
- Experience with HTS-related data analysis software platforms (e.g., Genedata Screener, Tibco Spotfire, Accelrys Pipeline Pilot).
- Ability to design & execute experiments independently and to interpret & communicate/explain results.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to work in a flexible team-oriented environment.
- An ability to prioritize effectively, utilize resources efficiently and construct realistic experimental timelines.
- Attention to detail, translating into high quality results.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, show a desire to learn and be a part of a busy, highly productive team.
- Previous supervisory experience of 2 or 3 junior staff including junior PhDs
- Excellent oral and written skills