Regional Occupational Health Centre, Eastern
ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health, Kolkata 700091
Applications are invited for the following post to be filled up on purely temporary basis in the ICMR, India & MRC, UK funded time bound project entitled “Consortium on Vulnerability to Externalizing Disorder and Addictions (cVEDA)” under Dr. Amit Chakrabarti, Scientist “E” (Medical) & Site Principal Investigator, at ROHC (E) Kolkata.
Job Title: Project Assistant (Technical Assistant)
No. of Posts: 1
Project Title: Consortium on Vulnerability to Externalizing Disorder and Addictions (cVEDA)
Principal Investigator: Dr. Amit Chakrabarti, Scientist “E”
Funding Agency: ICMR, India & MRC, UK
Age Limit: 30 years
Salary: 28,755/- consolidated p.m.
Job Description: Collection of biological and environmental samples for toxicology & genetics; assist in laboratory procedures; and other project related work; involves travel to study sites as well as other sites in India
- Graduate in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Environmental Science /
Immunology / Life Science / Microbiology / Molecular Biology / Physiology / Zoology from a
recognized University with three years work experience from a recognized institute or Master’s
degree in relevant subject from a recognized institute
- Exposure to HPLC, GC, AAS and experience in biological and environmental sample collection,
processing and transportation
General Terms and Conditions:
1. Qualification & experience are as per ICMR guidelines; experience shall be counted after acquiring the essential qualification; age limit and experience will be considered as on closing date.
2. The application duly signed by the applicant should be submitted along with self attested copies of the certificates. (a) Proof of Date of Birth (b) Educational Qualification (c) Experience (e) Recent Passport size photograph. Unsigned/ incomplete applications or applications without supportive evidence shall be summarily rejected.
3. Benefits of Provident Fund, CCA, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim, Earned Leave, Leave Concession etc. are not admissible; since the post is purely temporary, adhoc and co-terminate with the project, the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointments / employment under ROHC (E)/ NIOH/ICMR or continuation in any other project.
4. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons.
5. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the walk-in-interview / written test.
6. Candidates employed in Govt. Service /Semi Govt./Autonomous Bodies of State/Central Govt. should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of walk-in-interview / written test.
7. As per ICMR guidelines selection of candidate shall be made by walk-in-interview if number of eligible candidates are 30 or less and written test followed by walk-in-interview if number of candidates are more than 30. The written test shall be of one (1) hour duration consisting of objective type questions on General Science, General
Analytical Ability and knowledge of concerned area.
8. Candidates possessing the above essential qualification and experience may report latest by 9.30 am on 15/12/17, Friday with an application on plain paper with reference to the advertisement and post applying for; a copy of CV and a copies of self-attested testimonials for Walk-in-Interview and / or Written Test on the same day at Regional
Occupational Health Centre, Eastern, Block DP1, Sector V, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700091 (If coming from College More, make a right from RS Software bus stop at Sector V).
9. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for walk-in-interview / written test after verification of essential qualification and experience. If required, based on the performance in the written test a merit list will be prepared for walk-in-interview on the same day.
- Date of Interview – 15/12/17
- Time of Interview – 9.30 am