Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata (IISER Kolkata) was established in 2006 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. IISER Kolkata is designed to reach the prestigious position in the global setting that IISc, IIMs and IITs presently enjoy. IISER Kolkata is an autonomous institution awarding its own degrees. The central theme of the IISER Kolkata is to integrate education with research so that undergraduate teaching as well as doctoral and postdoctoral research work could be carried out in symbiosis.
Job Title: Project Assistant (PA)
No. of Posts: 1
Project Title: Rational development of regioselective difunctionalizations of arenes using carboxylates as deciduous groups
Funding Agency: DST-DFG project
Salary: Rs. 12,500/- (Consolidated).
- (i) First class (or CGPA OF 7.0 and above at a scale of 10) in MSc in Chemistry.
- (ii) Have interest in doing computational chemistry research with strong understanding of physical and inorganic chemistry.
- (iii) Candidates should be below 28 years of age at the time of application.
Application Instructions / How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send an email to Dr. Debasis Koley ([email protected] & [email protected]). Applications should include an updated CV and a statement of purpose of not more than 1000 words explaining the candidate’s interest in contributing to the project and joining the CCMM group at IISER Kolkata.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview at IISER Kolkata, and will need to bring the following documents.
- Two sealed recommendation letters from a teacher and/or academic mentor
- Self-attested copies of degree certificates with originals.
- Any other relevant documents.
Dr. Debasis Koley
Department of Chemical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata
Application Deadline – 18 December 2017