Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2016 the company employed a total workforce of 17 442. In the financial year 2016, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 5.847 billion for its continuing businesses. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant’s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: focus on innovation through R&D, add value with sustainability, reposition portfolio, intensify growth, and increase profitability.
Job Title: Research Associate
No. of Posts: 1
Job Description/Nature of Work:
- To handle complete load of incoming sample analysis.
- To validate and execute analytical methods to drive Business Units’ projects
- MSc in Analytical Chemistry with 6-8 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern analytical techniques on Chromatography, Spectroscopy, Microscopy, Particle Size Distribution, Contact Angle Measurements HPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS and other spectroscopy and organic / polymer characterisation techniques. Ability to develop methods, perform and interpret analytical testing to characterise a wide range of materials.
- Soft Skills: Excellent English (written and spoken) communication and presentation skills (interaction with both technical and non-technical audience)
- Proficiency in MS Excel