CSIR-CENTRAL FOOD TECHNOLOGICAL RESEARCH
INSTITUTE MYSURU – 570 020, INDIA
(Council of Scientific & Industrial Research)
RECRUITMENT OF PROJECT ASSISTANTS LEVEL II
ADVERTISEMENT NO. REC.44/2017
CSIR – Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysuru a constituent national laboratory of council of Scientific & Industrial Research Institute (CSIR), invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of 1 (One) position of Project Assistant level II, initially for a period of one year or till the project is over on a temporary contractual basis in the project entitled “Quantitative modelling of regulatory processes associated with bacterial stress response” (GAP-0521) funded by DBT, tenable at the Protein Chemistry and Technology
Department, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore, Karnataka.
Job Title : Project Assistant level II
Project Title : Quantitative modelling of regulatory processes associated with bacterial stress response
Funding Agency : DBT
Emoluments : Rs.12,000/-per month (Rupees Twelve Thousand only).
- Essential Qualifications : First class in B.Tech.(Biotechnology)/B.Pharm./M.Sc.(Physics) or any master’s degree in Physical chemistry/Physics/mathematics with good academic records.
- Desirable : Candidates should have strong aptitude in mathematics, familiarity with Unix/Linux operating
systems and programming in C/C++/Java languages. Understanding the relevance of
mathematical modelling of biological processes is desired. Understanding experiments carried
out by microbiologists, cell biologists would also be desirable.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. Candidates should not have exceeded 28 years of age as on 15.11.2017 i.e. the last date
of receiving the applications. Age relaxation as applicable by Gov. of India rules for
SC/ST/OBC and women candidates will be considered.
2. The engagement of PA II is exclusively for the above mentioned research work.
3. The engagement will be contractual and on purely temporary basis for a maximum
period of one year or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier.
4. The engagement under the externally funded project does not confer any right/ claim
whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in
CSIR-CFTRI, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent.
5. Performance of the PA will be reviewed every six months. In case the performance is not
satisfactory, the fellowship could be terminated with one month’s notice or one month’s
stipend in lieu thereof.
6. No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the interview.
7. If already the candidate is working in CSIR-CFTRI “No objection certificate” from the PI
is mandatory at the time of interview.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates may send their complete Bio-data with e-mail address/contact phone number along with attested copies of the necessary certificates in support of date of birth, caste, qualification/experience etc., as hard copy to Dr. Sutapa Mukherji, Principal Scientist, Department of Protein Chemistry and Technology, CSIR-CFTRI Mysuru–570020, Karnataka (email:[email protected]) on or before 15.11.2017. Application format can be
downloaded from the website www.cftri.com.
Application Deadline – 15.11.2017