For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE:WAT) with more than 6,500 employees and is represented in more than 100 countries around the world.
Job Title : Chemistry Sales Specialist
The Chemistry Sales Specialist is responsible for selling Waters LC/SFC Column Technologies, Sample Preparation Products and Consumables Products within their assigned geographic territory. In this role, the Chemistry Sales Specialist will develop a business plan to manage the consumables business and expand market share within the sales territory. Responsibilities will include delivering technical presentations and taking part in workshops and demonstrations to sell chemistry consumables products into a wide variety of markets, such as life science, pharmaceutical, food and environmental, clinical and chemical/materials. Customers will include research laboratories, government laboratories, universities, clinical testing laboratories and larger key accounts.
The main responsibilities includes:
1.Responsible for selling chemistry products, Meet or exceed sales targets
- Meet or exceed annual sales targets
- Submit accurate and timely monthly reports and sales forecasts
- Attendance at conferences and trade shows
- Keep current on vertical markets dynamics, application trends, and competitive information
- Presentation of courses and seminars on consumables and related topics.
- Support sales team for system configuration definition
- Partner with other consmables Team Members, the Sales team and distributors in order to assist throughout the sales process
- Ability to execution market programs to ensure business objectives are met.
- Maintain existing customers and develop potential new customers and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop/ Conduct seminars, product introduction and product demonstration / workshops at customer accounts and regional events
- Collaborate with marketing team to ensure alignment and integration of market strategies and priorities.
- Aggressively develop new prospects and penetrate competitive accounts
- Visit customers on a daily basis to highlight Waters solutions and help customers with their challenges
- Develop and execute a business plan to effectively expand business within accounts and capture new business through conversion of take-share opportunities
- Interface with Waters matrix organization on strategic planning to grow the consumables business within our customer base
- Degree/Master/PHD in scientific areas such as chemistry, analytical chemistry, pharmacy, biochemistry or a related field of science
- Minimum of 3 years experience utilizing Mass Spectrometry systems. Additional experience with UPLC, HPLC, field sales and/or marketing is a plus
- Previous sales experience, preferably selling mass spectrometry or similar scientific instrumentation/systems strong preferred.
- Action orientation and self-driven for results
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good organization / planning / time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good listener