University Of Calcutta
Department of Chemical Technology
Admission to Ph.D. (Tech) Programme (RET 2017) in Applied Chemistry, Pharmaceutical &
Fine Chemical Tech., and Petrochem. & Petroleum Refinery Engg
Total Number of Seats: 10
Applied Chemistry – 05
Pharmaceutical & Fine Chemical Tech. – 04
Petrochem. & Petroleum Refinery Engg.– 01
Reservation in admission shall strictly abide by the West Bengal State Higher Educational
Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.
Eligibility : The eligibility of the candidate will be as per UGC rules.
(A)Candidates having degree in Bachelor of Technology or Master of Science (without
NET/SET/SLET/GATE) securing 55% marks (selection through Entrance Test &
(B) Candidates having degree in Master of Technology or Equivalent or Master of Science
(with NET/SET/SLET/GATE) securing 55% marks (Selection through Interview only).
- The Ph.D. Entrance test will be of 50 marks (duration 1 hr.) consisting of both Multiple
Choice Questions (MCQ) and short questions.
- The Syllabus for the Entrance Test and subsequent list of the successful candidates will
be available in the Departmental Notice Board (near the room of the HOD, Ground floor,
Applied Chemistry Building).
- The successful candidates will have to appear for an interview for final selection.
- Declaration of names of selected candidates to be notified later (Subject to approval by
the Honorable Vice Chancellor)
How to Apply:
All Candidates are requested to download the Application Form from the University website
(www.caluniv.ac.in) and submit the filled up Application Form, Attested copy of relevant mark
sheets, along with the receipt of deposition of Application Fee of Rs. 100/-, paid through a
challan (obtainable from sales counter, Rajabazar Science College campus, 92, A.P.C. Road,
Kolkata-700009) within the due date to the Head, Department of Chemical Technology, 92
Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata – 700009.
No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidate for appearing the Entrance Test or called for the
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 30th October, 2017
- Date of Entrance Test : 3rd November, 2017 (12:00 Noon)
- Publication of List of successful Candidates : Display in the Notice Board
- Date of Interview : 10th November, 2017 (2 p.m. onwards)