Working in Himalayas means to learn and grow continuously.Opportunities to work on the finest ever products in the herbal space, competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We offer challenging assignments, a world class working environment, professional management and ample prospects to train and learn along with exceptional rewards.
Job Title : Chemical Hazard Communication Scientist Level 1
Location : Mumbai, MH, IN
Scope of Responsibility:
The Individual in the Dangerous Goods and Transportation Specialist position will work with Director, Hazard Communications and the Hazard Communication Leader, within Global EOHS to derive Dangerous Goods, Hazardous Waste codes and Transportation classifications for Colgate-transported goods. This will include Colgate finished goods, bulk intermediates, flavors & fragrances, and product samples from Experimental trials and for Marketing and clinical testing. Core responsibilities will include:
UN Transportation Code Assessment
- Process Colgate requests to generate Colgate final product, intermediate, Global flavor and fragrances Dangerous Goods and Transportation classifications in all relevant business languages. Regulations include, but are not limited to, UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods – Model Regulations, DOT, IATA, IMDG, ADR, MARPOL 73/78, IBC, any applicable country-specific and local regulations, etc.
- Utilize SDS work-flow within SAP and develop knowledge of SAP SDS generation functionality to ensure seamless process flow between SDS and Dangerous Goods requirements
- Develop knowledge of Transportation regulations into relevant Colgate business processes within SAP
- Ensure the Transportation Classification content of Colgate SDS is accurate.
- Understand needs and develop internal network with EHS, Customer Supply & Logistics, Network Operations, CDO, Regulatory and Business partners as required to support transportation classification needs and requirements.
- Adjust work process as additional geographies are included in generation process and/or utilize SAP SDS generation functionality.
- Develop process for banding of categories and/or sub-categories by geographic requirements to streamline classification process.
Formula Foundation Data Research
- Work with Hazard Communication Leader and Scientists to research foundation data for finished goods and intermediates, using UN Model Regulations, national Codes and local codes as reference
- Upload research results into PDM, apply compliance rules and ensure correct Regulatory compliance classifications are determined to fulfill GHS reporting requirements and external customer reporting needs
- Support implementation of GHS requirements as appropriate and applicable to UN Transportation Codes
A minimum of a Masters in Toxicology, Pharmacology, Chemistry or comparable discipline is required.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in Dangerous Goods and/or Transportation Systems
- Strong aptitude for computers with experience working in SAP, Excel and regulatory databases.
- Candidate must exhibit good written and verbal skills as well as analytical and organizational skills.
- Candidate must exhibit ability to work independently, as well as exhibit team building skills.
- Highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic
- Manages time well
- This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. Diplomacy and tact are required at all times.
- Knowledgeable in raw materials used in consumer products preferred.
- Experience in chemical risk/hazard assessment preferred.