Interested, Smart, Inspired and qualified candidates are encouraged to appear for a walk-in interview for a Project Assistant position in a DST- INSPIRE Faculty Project (IFA13-CH130) in the Department of Materials Sciences, School of Technology, Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
Project Title: “Suparamolecular functionalization of π-Conjugated Molecules with Semiconducting Nanorods for Optoelectronic Applications”
Name of the post: Project Assistant
No. of Post: One
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc. in Chemistry / Organic chemistry / Nanoscience/ Materials Sciences
or equivalent with 55% marks with consistently good academic records. Candidate who has qualified
NET/GATE will be preferred
Desirable Qualifications: Candidate with knowledge in Organic Synthesis and Supramolecular
Project Duration: Initially for 1 year, may be extended subject to availability & release of funds.
Age Limit: 28 (relaxation admissible as per rules of Govt. of India)
Emoluments: Rs.12000/- pm (Consolidated)
How to Apply:
Candidates fulfilling the above eligibility qualifications are strongly encouraged to
appear for a walk-in interview, the details of which are given below.
The candidates should bring the following documents at the time of interview:
1. Filled in application in the format attached, covering letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along
with valid photographic identity card and passport size photograph.
2. Original and attested photocopies of all documents, certificates, degrees and mark sheets
(10th class onwards). Original and one attested photocopy of GATE score card and/or UGC-CSIR
JRF/NET examination result.
3. Copies of certificates/testimonials/documents which the candidate may wish to bring to the
knowledge of the selection committee.
1. Candidates may also email a copy of their detailed CV to the PI at [email protected]
Candidates claiming age relaxation should clearly state the same in the covering letter.
Complete information in terms of GATE and /or JRF(NET) such as year of passing and validity,
discipline,score, marks, all India Rank and number of candidates appeared should be mentioned
in the application and CV.
2. The appointment will be on a purely temporary basis and co-terminus with the project. The
Job could be terminated depending upon his/her performance without giving any prior notice.
3. Candidate selected based on performance shall be encouraged to register for PhD as per CUTN
norms. However, no special preference will be given.
4. The decision of the selection committee will be final.
5. No TA and/or DA will be paid for attending the walk-in interview. Candidates should make their
own arrangements for stay.
For any detailed queries regarding the project, please feel free to contact,
Dr. Srinivasan Sampath
(Principal Investigator, DST-INSPIRE)
Department of Materials Sciences,
Central University of Tamil Nadu Kangalancherry Post
Thiruvarur 610 005,
E-mail: [email protected]
Time and date of walk-in interview: 10:00 AM on September 25, 2017 (Monday).
Venue: Department of Materials Sciences, Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur, Tamil