Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the following position for the research project titled “Design and investigation of thermal conducting two dimensional heterostructures” sponsored by Department of Science & Technology (DST)-SERB, Government of India, New Delhi for a period of three years.
Name of the position: Junior Research Fellow*
Number of positions: 1
Duration of Position: One year. Extendable up to 3 years depending on performance.
- Rs. 25,000/- (Consolidated, for first 2 years), 28,000/- (Consolidated, for 3rd Year)
Educational Qualification :
a. M.Sc. (Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Material Science, Nanoscience & Nanotechnology) or M. Tech. (Material Science, Nanoscience & Nanotechnology and related field), with GATE or NET score.
b. Minimum 60% or equivalent CGPA in M.Sc./M.Tech
Experience in nanomaterials synthesis through chemical route, CVD and knowledge of materials characterization techniques such as XRD, SEM, Raman etc.
*Note: Candidates interested to extend their JRF to Ph.D. will be preferred.
Age : 28 years. Age relaxation applicable as per Government of India (GoI) rules
How to Apply:
- The position is purely temporary and is coterminous with the project.
- The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
- The candidate is expected to join immediately, if selected.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Application on Plain paper giving name, permanent and correspondence address, names of the father and mother, telephone number and e-mail address, details of educational career (starting from high school or equivalent) along with the self-attested copies of all mark-sheets & certificates and details of any research or other experience etc., if any, should reach the Principal Investigator at following address by 21-09-2017
Dr. Ashish Kumar Mishra
School of Materials Science & Technology
Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)
Varanasi 221005 (U.P.)
Applicants can also send their applications and scanned copies of certificates and documents by email to the principal Investigator at: [email protected]
Last date of Application: Applicants should apply within 21 days of this advertisement.