The National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) with its headquarters at Dona Paula, Goa, and regional centres at Kochi, Mumbai and Visakhapatnam, is one of the 37 constituent laboratories of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi.
Job Title – PA-I
No.of.Posts – 01
Project Title – Setting-up of a finger-printing laboratory for oil spills — GAP2857
Vacancy No. – GAP2857/1709-17
Duration – 12 months
Consolidated Stipend per month – Rs. 15000
- Essential -BSc Environmental Science / Chemistry
- Desirable – Working knowledge in chromatograpic analyses, minimum experience in handling chemicals and glasswares in the laboratory
Job Requirement –
To participate cruises/boat for sample collection such as microplastic and tar balls. Sample processing and purification. Handling the analytical equipment such as FTIR, GC-MS and GC-IRMS.
- Age limits: PA-I:28;PA-II:30;PA-III:35 years. Age relaxations 5 years for statutory groups and women. HRA will be paid as per rules.
- Minimum Marks: PA-I: 55%;PA-II:55%;PA-III:55% in aggregate from any recognized University.
- Date of Interview – 24/08/2017
- Time of Interview – 10:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – NIO Dona Paula, Goa-403004