Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company. Clariant contributes to value creation with innovative and sustainable solutions for customers from many industries. Our portfolio is designed to meet very specific needs with as much precision as possible. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis & Energy, Natural Resources and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant’s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: increase profitability, reposition portfolio, add value with sustainability, foster innovation and R&D, and intensify growth.
Job Title : R & D CHEMIST – GTI
Location : Mumbai-Airoli, India
- Support Lab Unit – Surfactants in developing new surfactants for various industrial applications
Conducting laboratory experimentation
- Conducting literature search on assigned developmental project related topics
- Documentation of test methods and test results
- Implementation of laboratory best practices for safe working
- Assisting in lab documentation for internal & external audits
- Manage laboratory consumables and equipment
- Organic material synthesis; hands-on experience in organic synthesis especially surfactant synthesis is highly desirable
Chemistry of surfactants and its application in personal care, home care, coatings, dispersions
- Excellent English communications skills – written and verbal
- Consistently excellent academic record. Minimum first class from SSC onwards.
- Ability to work in teams and adapt to changes in project requirements
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry with experience in synthesis and characterization of surfactants is preferred.
- Candidates from Mumbai only.
- 1-3 year experience