Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company. Clariant contributes to value creation with innovative and sustainable solutions for customers from many industries. Our portfolio is designed to meet very specific needs with as much precision as possible. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis & Energy, Natural Resources and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant’s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: increase profitability, reposition portfolio, add value with sustainability, foster innovation and R&D, and intensify growth.
Job Title : R & D CHEMIST- COLOURANT
Location : Mumbai-Airoli, India
We invite interested applicants to apply for the position in Colourant For Our Chemical Research Department in India:
- Support Lab Unit – Colorants in developing new products for various industrial applications
- Organic material synthesis; hands-on experience in development and execution of target synthesis.
- Research & process development for new dyes / chemicals / intermediates / chromophores and its application in personal care, plastics, coatings, paints.
- Should be familiar with common synthetic and purification methods like e.g. distillation, recrystallization and chromatography.
- Focus on priorities and deliver the work on time
- M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry with 2-4 years’ experience in synthesis and characterization of organic molecules preferred. First class mandatory in SSC, HSC, B.Sc. & M.Sc
- Excellent English communications skills – written and verbal.
- Consistently excellent academic record. Minimum first class from SSC onwards.
- Ability to work in teams and adapt to changes in project requirements.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ideal age profile should be around 25-28 years.
- Managing research projects, laboratories and supporting lab head.
- Conducting literature search on assigned developmental project related topics.
- Lab management and documentation support to manager in developing project data.
- Implementation of laboratory best practices for safe working.
- Assisting in lab documentation for internal & external audits.
- Manage laboratory consumables and equipment