Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company. Clariant contributes to value creation with innovative and sustainable solutions for customers from many industries. Our portfolio is designed to meet very specific needs with as much precision as possible. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis & Energy, Natural Resources and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant’s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: increase profitability, reposition portfolio, add value with sustainability, foster innovation and R&D, and intensify growth.
Job Title : R & D CHEMIST
Location : Mumbai-Airoli, India
Job Profile: Support Lab Unit – Specialty Polymers in developing new polymers for various industrial applications.
- Conducting laboratory experimentation
- Conducting literature search on assigned developmental project related topics
- Documentation of test methods and test results.
- Implementation of laboratory best practices for safe working
- Assisting in lab documentation for internal & external audits
- Manage laboratory consumables and equipment
- Polymerisation techniques, hands-on experience with suspension, emulsion polymerisation, interfacial polymerization techniques for encapsulation of actives is highly desirable
- Chemistry of polymers, encapsulated products and their application in personal care, home care, coatings, dispersions. Microscopic characterization experience would be an advantage
- Excellent English communications skills – written and verbal
- Consistently excellent academic record. Minimum first class from SSC onwards.
- Ability to work in teams and adapt to changes in project requirements
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- M.Sc. in Physical Chemistry. First class mandatory in SSC, HSC, B.Sc. & M.Sc. Fresher with excellent academics will be an advantage.
Desired Age : 23-25 years