Merck & Co., Inc., d.b.a. Merck Sharp & Dohme outside the United States and Canada, is an American pharmaceutical company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
Job Title – Production Executive
Req ID – 165081
Posted – 07/26/2017
India – India – Maharashtra – Mumbai
- Organizing and monitoring deliver products in planned quantities / schedule conforming to agreed quality specifications.
- Participating and assisting Production Management in productivity improvement, Safety, Effluent Waste Reduction and Industrial Relations on shop floor.
- To supervise all production shift activities to achieve daily targeted production in time and be responsible for specific tasks assigned during the shift.
- To be responsible for taking and handing over plant charge explaining shift operations to next incoming supervisor.
- To ensure correctness of manufacturing inputs like raw material (quantity and quality), equipment, utilities and sequence of activities as provided by manufacturing / In – Process control procedures.
- To ensure the follow-up of the critical process parameters and controlled conditions by effective implementation of use of established documented procedures / Work Instructions.
- To ensure the maintainance accuracy of the documentation of the production batches (e.g.. Log sheets and Log books) and registration of any observed deviations in operations / shop-floor.
SYSTEM & PROCEDURE
- To follow all systems / procedure (Process Mapping, ESHA Policy & Guidelines) in area of operation and assist in ensuring maintenance through planned audits.
SAFETY HEALTH AT WORK & ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION
- To follow up and ensure observance of ESHA guidelines. To ensure proper housekeeping in the area of operations.
- To initiate desired action and inform to Security / Medical Centre / Departmental Heads of any accidents / sickness / injury in area of operations.
- To maintain awareness of unsafe working operations and take suitable precautions during lab-work.
- To ensure highest level of shop floor cleanliness, orderliness and follow – up of Better Waste Control Practices (BWCP).
- Ensure safety of the employees including contractors, insist to follow safe practices & work permit system at workplace.
- Monitor and improve performance of EHS Management system in the department
- To assist in identification and recording breakdowns, as well as to organize for “SAMACO” and preventive maintenance.
SHOP FLOOR MANAGEMENT / DISCIPLINE
- To maintain staff discipline and ensure that no plant personnel leave work place without prior permission and communicating any non conformance.
- To lead and motivate workmen under control for maximising productivity and maintaining discipline and adhere to company procedures for grievance handling and seek support to eliminate them.
- To participate and assist in developing skills.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- People management.
- Project management.
- Time management.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
- Knowledge of raw materials
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques
- knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices solid computer skills
- knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Require a bachelor’s Degree/Diploma – chemical engineering, Chemistry.
- 2-3 years + work experience in production & manufacturing