A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Formulation Scientist
No of Posts: 01
Salary: As per company standards
- Conceptualization of new projects through thorough literature search and competitive landscape.
- New Formulation Development of various dosage forms such as Solid Orals, Oral liquids, Oral powders, Capsules, Semi-solids and other delivery systems
- Supporting global team with benchmarking studies on new products through global projects and part of global team for new product launch
- Planning detailed activities related to formulations and execution of the same within targeted time limits and on cost effective basis
- Optimization of formula, process optimization Trials, feasibility batches, stability studies for smooth execution at scale up level
- Co-ordination with various departments like vendors, purchase, global developmental team and regulatory for smooth development and execution of project
- Preparing technical presentation for review
- To update information bank on novel drug delivery, review of new technology product/excipients in the market.
- To evaluate and complete projects in targeted timeline
- Post graduate in pharmacy or Ph.D. in Pharmacy
- Should have minimum 3-6 years’ experience in formulation development and specific expertise in formulation of solid orals, liquid orals, semi solids or nasal products
- Should have exposure to regulatory requirement of market like US, Europe, Latin Americ
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical thinking
- Language proficiency in English.
- International exposure added advantage
- Should be a good team member and self
- Computer literacy (e.g. MS-project, Power Point, document management systems, Design of experiments (DoE)) available and shown ability to quickly learn new software and tracking tools and associated processes
- Ability to think logically and draw valid conclusions