Shivaji University, established in 1962, is in Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India. The university’s campus is 853 acres, and is named after Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, founder of the Maratha Empire. It was inaugurated on 18 November 1962 by Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the then president of India. Yashwantrao Chavan and Balasaheb Desai took the lead in establishing this university. Kolhapur, Sangli, and Satara come under its jurisdiction with 279 affiliated colleges and recognized institutes. One of the major objectives behind its foundation was to cater to the regional needs of South Maharashtra. The University’s efforts towards excellence are being recognised by the substantial grants received from funding agencies like University Grants Commission (India) Department of Science and Technology (India), and DBT.
Job Title: Assistant Professor
No of Posts: 01
Salary: PB 3 with Rs. 15,600 – 39,100/ + Grade pay Rs. 6000/-
1. Good academic record as defined by the university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
2. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR.
How to Apply:
The direct recruitment to thepost of Assistant Professors in the Colleges of the University of Delhi shall be on the basis of merit through all India advertisement and selection by the duly constituted Selection Committees.
The Candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulation – 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in University / Colleges / Institutes.
Provided further, the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil. / Ph.D. programme prior to 11 July 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bylaws / Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and the Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges / Institutes subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions: –
a) Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
b) Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners;
c) Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted;
d) Candidate has published two research papers from / based on his / her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one must be in a referred journal;
e) Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences / seminars, based on his / her Ph.D. work.
(a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/ Pro-Vice Chancellor/ Dean (Academic Affairs)/ Dean (University Instructions).
- NET shall not be required for such Master’s Degree Programmes in disciplines for which NET or a similar test accredited by the UGC is not conducted.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Differently-abled (Physically and Visually differently-abled)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to faculty positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September 1991.
- Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible.
- The period taken by the candidates to acquire M.Phil. Degree and the residency period prescribed for pursuing Ph.D. shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the faculty positions.
- The number of candidates to be called for interview for the faculty position in the University and its Colleges, shall be determined after screening of applications in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the Executive Council in this regard.
Application Deadline: 24-06-2017