Walk-in-interview for a DST/SERB project entitled “Elucidation of Synthetic Methods, Structural Aspects and Reaction Chemistry of Novel Inorganic Macrocycles and Cryptands”
Title of the project: “Elucidation of Synthetic Methods, Structural Aspects and Reaction Chemistry of Novel Inorganic Macrocycles and Cryptands”
Project duration: Three years (Initially, position will be given for one year, after a satisfactory performance by the candidate this can be extended)
Emoluments: As per DST rules
Terms and Conditions: As per CSIR rules.
MSc/MS degree in Chemistry (or equivalent degree) with a valid NET JRF or GATE qualification. Candidate with strong basic knowledge and experience in synthetic inorganic and organometallic chemistry is desirable in these areas. The selected candidate is expected to perform synthesis of inorganic macrocycles and cryptands with P/N, B/N, Al/N backbones and later explore their host-guest chemistry and chemical reactivity. The selected candidate will learn to perform chemistry under air/moisture free conditions, using glove-box and Schlenk technique. The candidate should be motivated and hard working. Possibility of converting the project position to a PhD position will exist for candidate clearing PhD entry requirements at IISER Mohali while working on the project work.
Document required during the walk-in interview:
1. An application letter and CV (biodata) with the following information
2. Date of Birth.
3. Educational qualification from School examination onwards and documents in support of the Education qualification
4. Documents in support of NET JRF or GATE qualification
5. Research experience, papers/reports/conference proceedings published if any.
6. Address for correspondence with email address
Dr. Sanjay Singh
Associate Professor (Chemistry)
Department of Chemical Sciences
E-mail: [email protected]
Knowledge City, sector 81, SAS Nagar Mohali-140 306
Research group web-page: http://sanjaysinghiiser.weebly.com/
- Date of Interview: 13.05.2017 (Saturday)
- Time: 03:00 pm (The candidates are required to report 30 minutes in advance)
- Venue: Office 5F-9, Academic Block-I, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Mohali.