The Reliance Group is India’s largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. Group’s annual revenues are in excess of US$ 73bn. The flagship company, Reliance Industries Limited, is a Fortune Global 114 company and is the largest private sector company in India. Backward vertical integration has been the cornerstone of the evolution and growth of Reliance. Starting with textiles in the late seventies, Reliance pursued a strategy of backward vertical integration – in polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics, petrochemicals, petroleum refining and oil and gas exploration and production – to be fully integrated along the materials and energy value chain.
The Group’s activities span exploration and production of oil and gas, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals (polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics and chemicals), textiles, retail, infotel and special economic zones.
Job Title – Fluid Bed & Coking Process Development – Research Scientist
Requisition ID – 125662
Experience – 0 to 3 years
Location – Gujarat
- Carry out synthesis of new speciality chemicals such as organic molecules and polymers and their scale-up for improving distillate yield from coker/ inhibition of coke formation in coker furnace and alter coke morphology.
- Managing multiple tasks and delivering within defined resources in the area of Coker R&D
- Coordinating interdisciplinary activities such as participation in root cause analysis with CTS and plant, arrangement for sample collection from plant, analysis by QC lab, cross sector projects with other R&D and Technology groups
- Aligning activities as per the charter/agreed plan for the assigned projects in coker research.
- Achieving maximum degree of compliances for the assigned projects
- Generate new ideas and prepare new speciality chemicals including polymesr for application in coker process
- Conduct experiments in lab scale set-ups, coker microreactor/pilot plant and other analytical equipment
- Ensure regulatory compliances such as Safe laboratory Practices (COSHH,MSDS, SOPs, BSE Checklist) in coker R&D Laboratory
- External liaisons with various vendors/ experts of advanced analytical instruments, technology licensors and third party research service providers
- Conduct literature survey and update technology plan on coker research
- Review of existing experimental/analytical methods, development of new method and review/checking of SOPs in the area of coker research
- Participate in commercial plant trials in coker
- Critical review of all experiments and data for accuracy and relevance.
- Check results and make final reports in the area of Coker Research and Development
- Ensure accurate record keeping as per SLP (standard laboratory practice) / lab accreditation requirements in the area of Coker Research and Development
- Supervise experimental data maintenance and record keeping in the area of Coker R&D.
- Follow and enforce applicable HSE procedures/ practices in lab/pilot plant experiments and characterization in the area of Coker Research and Development
- Attend safety meeting in the concerned safety district.
- Technical /scientific interactions within and outside the organization (conferences/workshops etc.) in the area of Coker R&D
- Learn new developments in the area of Coker R&D
- Experience for synthesis of organic molecules including polymer for resid processing particularly in delayed coker
- Experience in operation and troubleshooting of common lab scale set-ups.
- Experience in microreactor/Pilot plants is desirable.
- Experience in characterization of hydrocarbon like VGO, bitumen,VR, Asphalt, Coke etc. is preferable.
- Good knowledge of reaction mechanism in thermal/catalytic cracking is desirable.
- Experience of writing patents/publication/reports
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in synthesis of speciality chemicals including polymer and hydrocarbon characterization. Pilot plant /microreactor operations are desirable.
- Ph D (Organic Chemistry) from reputed institution