Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following position on contract basis:
Job Title – Project Assistant /Fellow – JRF/SRF
No.of.Posts – ONE
Project Title – “Innovative Nucleoside Probes as Multifunctional Toolbox to Study RNA Structure, Dynamics and Function”
Project Code – 30716255
Funding Agency – Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance
Tenure – Initially for a period of one year which may be extended subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
Age – Not more than 30 years as on closing date of advertisement. May be relaxed for meritorious candidates.”
Fellowship – Starting Fellowship of Rs. 16,000/- + 30 % HRA per month based on academic record and work experience of the candidate (or Rs. 25,000/- + 30%HRA per month for CSIR/UGC-JRF/NET or GATE qualification with valid scorecard). SRF: JRF with 2 years research experience (28,000/- + 30%HRA) per month
Essential – M.Sc. in Chemistry or equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks or Equivalent grade.
Desirable –; Candidates having qualified and having valid CSIR/UGC NET/ or GATE scores with 2 years of research experience in synthetic organic chemistry, biophysics and nucleic acid crystallization will be preferred. Candidates having hands-on-experience in solid-phase and enzymatic DNA and RNA synthesis, and fluorescence spectroscopy techniques will be preferred
- All eligible applicants as per the above given criteria in the advertisement are required to attend Walk-In Interview on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 9.30 a.m at IISER Campus, Department of Chemistry, C Wing-104, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune. 411 008. Phone No (020-25908027). Candidates reporting later than 10:30 a.m will not be interviewed.
- At the time of interview, applicants need to bring the above completed Application Form, Bio-data/CV describing personal information, qualification, experience (with roles and responsibilities), photocopies of certificates in support of educational qualification, experience, date of birth and other in support of details submitted in the bio-data and one recent passport size photograph which will be collected at the time of interview.
- The applicant must also bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies as stated above.
General Information / details about the post:
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Date of Interview – 17th January 2017
Reporting Time – 09:30 AM
Venue of Time – IISER Campus, Department of Chemistry, C Wing- 104, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune. 411 008