Applications are invited for WALK IN INTERVIEW of four posts of Project Scientist/ Associate Project Scientist and one post of SRF in a DEITY sponsored research project entitled “Centre for Excellence in Research and Development of Nanoelectronic Theranostic Devices” at the Centre for Nanotechnology, IIT Guwahati. The appointment will be for one year, may be extended based on the candidates performance.
Number of posts: 05
- Project Scientist/Associate Project Scientist: 04
- SRF (NET/GATE): 01
Qualification and Experience:
(i) Project Scientist (PS): PhD degree OR M.Sc. + 6 yrs’ exp. in Physics/Chemistry/Electronics. Extensive experience in nanotechnology /semiconductor nanomaterials/carbon nanoparticles and composites and independent operation skills of various spectroscopic and microscopic equipment such as SEM, TEM, AFM is desirable
- Laboratory setup, management and training; preparation of standard operating procedures
- Clean Room operation & Safety
- Micro/nano electrochemical device fabrication and characterization technologies
- Deposition, Etching
- Computational modeling of materials
(ii) Asso. Project Scientist (Asso. PS): M.Sc. + 3 yrs’ exp. in Physics/Chemistry/Electronics.
- Experience in the areas of nanotechnology.
- Laboratory setup, training on standard operating procedures.
- Experience on micro/nano fabrication or characterization.
- Computational modelling of materials.
(iii) SRF (NET/GATE): B.Tech in engineering + 2 years exp. Candidates with Electronics/Electrical Engineering background are preferred. Candidates with extensive research experience on graphene/Sensors/FET is also desirable.
- Computational modeling of materials.
- Micro/nano electromechanical device fabrication and characterization technologies.
- Project Scientist (PS) : Rs.30,000/- + 20% HRA+MA as per institute rule
- Asso. Project Scientist (Asso. PS): Rs.23,000/- + 20% HRA+MA as per institute rule
- SRF (NET/GATE ) : Rs.28,000/- + 20% HRA+MA as per institute rule
Interested candidates may appear for a WALK IN INTERVIEW on 16/11/2016, 9.00 AM with bio-data / application in the prescribed format attached herewith, mark sheets, certificates of educational qualifications and experiences (if any) along with copies of relevant documents. Advanced copies can be sent to the office, Centre for Nanotechnology, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati-781 039.
No TA/DA will be paid to the candidate for appearing the interview.
Phone: 0361-258-3066/3075, Fax : 0361-2690762 E-mail: [email protected]
- Date of Interview – 16th November 2016
- Time of Interview – 09:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – Centre for Nanotechnology, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati-781 039