Responsibilities will include:
- Researching, developing and implementing novel chemistries to meet market needs;
- Pioneering new chemistry and new chemical processes for the Company through assignments that span a variety of business industries and product lines;
- Handling long-range projects with emphasis on developing core technologies for multiple business industries;
- Contributing to projects assigned to other members of the research group and participating in training, process scale-up, and field evaluation of research chemistries.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Previous work experience, educational background, and qualifications should consist of:
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years work experience related to the development of specialty coatings and/or specialty chemicals;
- Must have a strong background in chemical synthesis, experimental design, and data interpretation; experience in silicon chemistry and polymer science is advantageous;
- Must be a versatile, innovative and resourceful scientist capable of original, independent chemical research with minimal supervision;
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.