We are the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Job Title : Senior Chemist – Scientist-1705678
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on chemistry related to semiconductor integration with a special focus on using chemistry and techniques for developing various coatings for AGS-CTO program.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting of complex chemistry related problems with limited supervision
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Job Specific Knowledge
- Surface chemistry, electrochemistry, Atomic layer deposition, chemical-vapor deposition, organic synthetic chemistry, materials and surface characterization by advanced microscopy and spectroscopy
- Track record of success & several years of experience beyond MS, PhD in Chemistry and Material Science
MS/ PhD in physical chemistry, Material Science with 4-5 years industry experience, preferably in the semiconductor industry is required
Required and Desirable:
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international team or independently
- Flexibility, Team Worker
- Cost and Quality Consciousness
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Primary Location: Asia-India-Maharashtra-IND,Mumbai
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Posting Type: Internal / External
Relocation Package: Domestic Full Relocation