RGCB has a vibrant research program on the role of human papillomaviruses in initiation and progression of human epithelial tumors as well as understanding immune responses to natural viral infection and the quadrivalent HPV vaccine. RGCB is also host to an advanced vaccine efficacy center of the International Agency For Research Against Cancer (IARC), a constituent of the World Health Organization (WHO).
Vacancies exist for research internships in various research projects including but not exclusive, of the following :
- Metagenomics of HPV infections in the genital tract and oro-pharyngeal region.
- Understanding the B cell biology involved in response to natural infection and HPV vaccine induced immune responses.
- Development of HPV gene editing strategies to develop adjuvant management protocols for invasive cervical carcinoma.
- Elucidation of the biology involved in HPV viral clearance in women with concomitant HIV infection.
- HPV and biomarkers for oral cancer risk prediction.
The research internships will be initially in three time blocks of 6 months each (total period of 18 months). There will be a detailed performance review every 6 months. An excellent evaluation report is needed to continue the internship for the next six months. Interns will be paid a monthly consolidated stipend of 16,000/- (Rupees Sixteen thousand only).
Interns who generate good data and obtain a first author publication will be allowed registration to a PhD degree program if found fulfilling all mandatory relevant RGCB rules and regulations.
Applicants must have a first class Masters degree in Biotechnology or Life Sciences (including Pharmaceutical Sciences) and should not be more than 25 years of age as on August 31, 2017.
How to Apply:
Applications on the prescribed format (Download here) may be submitted by post to: HPV Research Internship Program, c/o Office of Academic Affairs, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Poojappura, Thycaud Post, Thiruvananthapuram 695014, Kerala State, India or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 31, 2017 .
Selection process will involve a written test to examine general awareness in life sciences. Candidates who qualify at the written test will have an interview to assess aptitude and specific skills.
Application Deadline – on or before August 31, 2017 .