Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company. Clariant contributes to value creation with innovative and sustainable solutions for customers from many industries. Our portfolio is designed to meet very specific needs with as much precision as possible. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis & Energy, Natural Resources and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant’s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: increase profitability, reposition portfolio, add value with sustainability, foster innovation and R&D, and intensify growth.
Job Title : Chemist – Intermediate lab
Location : Mumbai-Airoli, India
Introduction of new products / adaptation of products from other sites, product modification for improved effect / quality, addressing the quality improvements – all in co-ordination with production, QC, and technical services.
- To design, formulate new products.
- To adapt existing Clariant products from other sites.
- To assist production for scale-up of products.
- To guide Product Safety on various product related information
- To participate in HAZOP studies associated with ew chemistries.
- To actively carry out literature search and successful completion of projects in lab & Plant.
- Maintenance of Log books of process development, Raw analytical data etc.
- Analysis of data using SQC Tools.
Minimum Experience / requirements:
- Min 5-8 years’ Experience with the R&D / Product Development in Fine Chemical, Intermediates, Pigment or
- Dyestuff Industry.
- Knowledge of ‘test methods’ for analysis & use of instruments like HPLC, GC etc.
- Knowledge of German language would be an added advantage.
- Should be able to independently plan experiments and carry them out.
- M.Sc. -Organic Chemistry
- Should be creative with good organizational, planning, team-working, technical awareness and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills are must.
- Should be willing to travel to sites and outside the country on project work
Age: 25 – 35 years