G. B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development, Himachal Unit, Mohal – Kullu – 175 126, Himachal Pradesh
Applications are invited for the purely project based positions on temporary basis. Candidates having appropriate qualifications in relevant Subject / Specialization with consistently good academic record and experience may apply as mentioned below.
Project Title : “Anthropogenic impacts and their management options in different ecosystems of the Indian Himalayan Region”
Job Title : SRF & JRF
No.of.Posts : 1 each
- Essential – First class Master Degree in Geography/Geology/Environmental Science / Chemistry/ Remote Sensing & GIS with two years research experience
- Desirable – Preference will be given to the candidate having at least two years experience on anthropogenic impacts issues like aerosol, climate change, glaciers and other relevant issues. Knowledge of Watershed Management, Hydrological Simulation Modeling for rainfall-runoff, SWAT or similar hydrological models / Remote Sensing & GIS, Computer Programming in the glacier environment will be an added advantage to the candidate.
- Essential – First class Master Degree in Earth Sciences / Hydrology / Remote Sensing & GIS / Environmental Science / Chemistry
- Desirable – Preference will be given to the candidates having work experience on GIS and glacier environment.
Age Limit :
- Senior Research Fellow / Senior Project Fellow- 32 years,
- Junior Research Fellow/Junior Project Fellow – 28 years
- Senior Research Fellow, Rs 28,000 + 10% H.R.A. (NET qualified),
- Senior Project Fellow (Rs 18,000 + 10% H.R.A.) – NMHS;
- Senior Research Fellow, Old – GBPNIHESD – EWI (Rs. 14,000/- + 10% HRA),
- Junior Research Fellow, Rs. 25,000 + 10% H.R.A. (NET qualified);
- Junior Project Fellow (Rs. 16,000/- + 10% H.R.A.) – NMHS;
How to Apply:
Desirous candidates fulfilling the above requirements may send their bio-data in advance to the Scientist In-charge, G. B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment & Sustainable Development, Himachal Unit, Mohal – Kullu 175 126, Himachal Pradesh, giving complete personal details, qualification, experience, publications, etc. and should clearly indicate the position applied for on the top of the envelop and in the application. Advance application may also be submitted through e – mail to the Scientist In-charge (email@example.com ).
Candidates may appear for Walk-in-Interview on July 25, 2017, 11 AM at G. B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development, Himachal Unit, Mohal – Kullu – 175 126, Himachal Pradesh. The candidates are required to bring along all certificates, testimonials, publication, etc. in original at the time of interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.