Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines)
Applications are invited for the 01 (one) position of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in a DST (SERB) sponsored project.
Job Title – Junior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – 1
Project Title – Extraction of Pour Point Depressants from Fruits and Its use for Crude Oil Transportation
Principal Investigator – Dr Tarun Kumar Naiya
Age – The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years as on the day on which application is made. The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates.
Fellowship – Rs. 25,000/- per month (Consolidated) for initial two years, Rs. 28,000/- per month (Consolidated) for third year.
- Essential – M. Tech. degree in Petroleum Engineering/ Chemical Engineering or MSc degree in Chemistry with minimum of First Class from reputed Institute. In class is not specified in degree then a minimum 60% marks or 7.0 OGPA will be considered as 1st Class.
- Desirable – Modeling and analysis software’s (Matlab, ANN, SPSS). Hands-on experience in Gas Chromatograph, TOC Analyzer and Spectrophotometer etc.
How to Apply:
1. The contract is purely temporary and initially only for a period of one year but extendable if
work is found satisfactory on year to year basis for a period not exceeding 2 years or till the
completion of the project.
2. Candidates have to fully devote their time for the project work.
3. Candidates who wish to leave the project in between have to inform the PI in writing at least
3 months before or till other personnel is employed in the project, whichever is earlier.
4. Selection will be made purely as per the DST (SERB) and Institute guidelines.
5. No TA/ DA will be paid for either attending the interview or while joining the project.
6. Completed applications in the prescribed proforma accompanied by copies of certificates
should reach the Principal Investigator on or before 30.07.2017 by post/ e-mail.
7. Date of the interview will be informed latter to the short-listed candidates through
8. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
Application Deadline – 30.07.2017