Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali (Punjab), an autonomous institution of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has been established under the umbrella of NANO MISSION, initiated by DST to boost research and development in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in India. INST started its activities on 3rd January 2013, the date on which it’s first Director was appointed. The institute is currently operating from its transit campus at Habitat Centre, Sector-64, Phase-X, Mohali, Punjab. The new campus of INST would be set up on 35 acres of land in the Knowledge City at Sector-81 (Mohali, Punjab), next to IISER Mohali campus, which is very near to new Chandigarh International Airport. INST, amongst other scientific institutions of Chandigarh and its nearby area is also part of Chandigarh Region Innovation and Knowledge Cluster (CRIKC), an initiative of Punjab Government to foster and sustain close academic alliances between institutions of higher education and research in the Chandigarh region.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow
No of Posts: 01
Project title: New class of flexible solid-state supercapacitor from nano-engineered carbonaceous materials.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Ramendra Sundar Dey
Funding agency: DST SERB-EMR, Government of India
Age limit: 28 years
Salary: Rs. 25000 + HRA (20%)
- Essential: M. Sc. / M. Tech. degree in chemistry/physics/Material science/nanoscience and nanotechnology with NET/GATE qualification.
- Desirable: Research experience in analytical techniques/nanoscience/electrochemistry/material chemistry is preferred.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The position is temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of two years.
- The position is co-terminus with the project.
- Candidate selected for this position can also apply for the regular PhD program of INST provided they satisfy eligibility criteria.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
How to Apply:
Completed applications in the prescribed format as annexed should reach to the following address on or before July 11, 2017 by speed-post or via email attachment (complete one combined PDF) addressed to:
Dr. Ramendra Sundar Dey Scientist
Institute of Nanoscience and Technology (INST),
Mohali Habitat Centre, Sector 64, Phase-10, S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali-160062, Punjab
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Application Deadline: July 11, 2017