The Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) is a society registered under Act XXI of 1860 and the corresponding State Act viz. the West Bengal State Registration Act 1961, with its headquarters at 2A & 2B, Raja S. C. Mallick Road, Calcutta – 700 032. It has a Governing Council with a number of members elected or nominated and the Registrar as Non-Member Secretary. The Council has the functions, duties and power as envisaged in the Memorandum and Bye Laws and as per provisions of the relevant Act.
The institute is engaged in fundamental research in various fields of physics, chemistry and chemical biology. It is one of the most active research institutes in India and publishes on an average ~ 500 research articles in peer reviewed journals including top journals like Physical Review Letters, Journal of American Chemical Society and Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Recent interests include research in energy, fuel cells, nano materials like graphene and carbon nanotubes. The institute emphasizes PhD programmes, the degree being provided either by Jadavpur University or by University of Calcutta.
Job Title: Research Associate- I
No of Posts: 01
Fellowship: As per rules of the Association
- Essential: Ph.D in any branch of Chemistry/ Biology
- b: Preferably the candidate should have experience in organic and polymer synthesis, self-assembly studies using spectroscopy and microscopy experiments. Preference will be given to those candidates having previous experience in carrying out detail microscopy (AFM, TEM) experiments to probe the mesoscopic structure of organic self-assembled systems.
Interested candidates should send their complete resume (mentioning email address) to Professor Suhrit Ghosh by sending an email to email@example.com Advertise no (IACS/PSU/RA-1/June-2017) should be mentioned in the cover letter.
All candidates who apply may appear for the interview. No separate email will be sent for inviting the candidates for interview. Candidates are requested to bring a copy of their PhD thesis during the interview. No TA/ DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
Walk in Details:
- Date of Interview: 13-July-2017
- Time of Interview: 11.00 am onwards
- Venue of Interview: S. N. Bose Hall, IACS, Kolkata
Application Deadline: 12-July-2017