As one of the world’s largest fashion retailers, H&M offers endless career opportunities. A fast-paced, buzzing environment with great diversity – a place where the customer is always the centre of attention.
But what truly make us stand out are our remarkable employees. From stylish Sales Advisors and Visual Merchandisers to computer whizzes and business aware planners – all our employees share a great ambition and an anything-is-possible attitude. Not to mention an excellent eye for fashion. It’s thanks to them that we have grown – with over 4,135 stores in more than 66 markets worldwide. And we are continuing to grow.
Job Title: Sustainability Developer
No of Posts: 01
Salary: As per industry standards
As a Sustainability Developer, your main focus will be to conduct verification and report on environmental issues according to H&M working method. You will also communicate improvements to supplier management and guide the root-cause analysis.
- Drive our sustainability goals with our supplier base
- Be an Ambassador for best environment & social issues practice
- Consult with and monitor supplier partners on continuous improvements
In the H&M Production organization we transform design ideas into actual products. We ensure that we produce safe products for our customers and remain in the forefront of sustainability.
What will you do?
In this role, you will be kept busy and engaged through a wide range of tasks. Primarily you will need to:
- Develop Supply Chain Partners on Environmental & Social issues for ethical Sustainability
- Suggest and implement creative, practical solutions on the challenges to secure sustainable supply chain.
- Maintain up to date information on relevant regulations, trends, industry initiatives, technical papers on new technologies and innovation for social issues connected to our industry.
- Support sustainability senior/manager in social analysis, assessment, program/project evaluation
Who will you work with?
In this role you will join a dynamic and energetic team based in Delhi & Bangalore. You will report to the Supply Chain Sustainability Manager and interact regularly with Sustainability Managers & Supply Chain teams; our external suppliers as well as your colleagues based both locally and across the Globe.
Qualifications: Degree in: Business Administration / Accounting / Law / Political Science / Social Studies / Humanities/ Environmental Sciences / Chemicals / Chemistry.
Desirable Candidate profile:
- Professional work experience within: data analysis, statistics, human rights issues, non-government organizations
- Auditing experience in manufacturing units
- You celebrate individuality and equal opportunity for growth
- You believe strong, clear values, not manuals, guide our daily interaction with each other
- You appreciate open door policy where everyone’s ideas are important
- You are comfortable expressing yourself in English as this is our business language