BASF shares a rich history with India spanning more than a century. With our vast knowledge in the field of chemistry, we manufacture high-quality, innovative products that cater to a wide range of industries. BASF in India has 9 production sites, 2 R&D centers and more than 2,000 employees and is well positioned to meet the current and future needs of the ever-growing Indian market.
Job Title: Associate Scientist – Process Development.
No of Posts: 01
Salary: As per company standards.
- Document lab results using appropriate electronic tools
- Devise new synthetic methodologies and design new reactions & processes. The lab provides route scouting; optimization expertize and discovery support to research teams in Ludwigshafen (DE) and Mumbai (IN).
- Delivery of route scouting & optimization packages and support discovery services (eg. supplying quantities etc.)
- Support identification & hiring of chemists and mentoring the team
- Proper and adequate reporting to RBA/P
- Ensure close communication between local, regional and global stakeholders involved
- Stay up to date with synthetic and process technology developments in his/her respective field
- Responsible for ensuring BASFs guidelines for EHS, safety and intellectual property, information protection guidelines.
- Meet timelines for all project phases and deliveries to stake holders
- Proactive, Result driven and entrepreneurial approach towards tasks
- Essential: PhD in synthetic organic chemistry
- Desirable: Experience: 0-3 Years
- Thorough knowledge of chemical laboratory work
- International experience is preferred (Post-Doc, industry),
- Profound experience with scientific data retrieving tools like Beilstein, SciFinder, Reaxys
- Project management skills
- Intercultural understanding and interpersonal skills for managing internal and external project communication with regional and global stakeholders