Avery Dennison, a packaging materials company, operates in more than 50 countries with over 25,000 employees. We inspire brands with customer insights and innovations for a more intelligent world.
Job Title : Analytical Scientist
Function : Research/Development
Country : India
City : Pune
About your Role:
The Scientist – Material science and characterization role includes method and technology development with responsibility for chromatography (GPC, GC-MS, LC-MS). To be successful, the Analytical scientist must play a vital role in understanding root cause of problem and solution in problem solving. Analytical scientist with technical mastery along with leveraging our global technical talent should encourage an innovative culture consistent with our Leadership Principles. The role will interface with cross-functional product development team, global technical teams/COE and global partners. The role will be instrumental in analytical and technology oriented research; should have good experience in chromatography and its applications in pressure sensitive adhesive (preferable); ideally a polymer analytical chemist with good amount of analytical exposure in labels and graphics products. Results are delivered by having a broad base of analytical and product development experiences; Lean principle and problem solving skills;proactivity; creativity; and the ability to collaborate and influence across boundaries.
- Organization Development – Develop as a scientist using Avery’s performance management (GPS) and leadership development (e-LDR) systems. Should have good knowledge of analytical chemistry. Should be able to work as an independent scientist to ensure alignment, method development and execution to business needs. Includes knowledge sharing as a subject matter expert in areas including Chromatography (GPC and GC-MS).
- Project Leadership – Lead projects to meet business needs for problem solving, method development and quality check. Lead concept assessment (at least 1) to meet business needs.
A3 Ownership – Develop, document and execute (with alignment to global partners) an A3 related to a Material characterization and technology Research or strategy.
- Collaboration and Culture Alignment – Represent MG-SAPSSA R&D on cross functional and global teams as a chromatography SME which require developing and maintaining productive, respectful relationships in an effort to understand business and customer needs and opportunities for clear project linkage. Encourage an innovative culture in MG-SAPSSA with new ideas in problem solving, method development and activity execution.
- Project / Problem-solving specific metrics, including number of problem solving and method development
- Adoption and execution of Core Innovation strategies/tactics
- A3 ownership = solid analysis of current state and implementation of effective tactics
- Cooperation across geographic and organization boundaries
- PHD in Polymer / Organic Chemistry / Analytical Chemistry
- Experience – 0 to 1 yrs.