Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position(s) as per the details given below for the research project(s) under the Principal Investigator Dr. Tapas Kumar Mandal, Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
Job Title – Junior Research Fellow
No.of.Posts – 1
Project Title – Layered and hybrid perovskites for sunlight-driven photocatalytic water splitting and decontaminatio
Principal Investigator – (Dr. Tapas Kumar Mandal)
Sponsor of Project – SERB, New Delhi
Duration – : For one year from the date of joining and extendable on yearly basis upon satisfactory performance till the expiry of the project (March,2020)
Emoluments – Rs. 25,000/- per month
- M.Sc. / M.Tech. in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry/Materials Science/Nanotechnology with valid GATE/CSIR’UGC-NET score and consistently good academic record. Preference shall be given to csndidates with prior knowledge of project related field.
The JRF will be working in the field of layered and hybdrid perovskites. The work will involve design and selection of chemical compositions of layered perovskites and their synthesis and characterization by various analytical techniques. Further, the materials will be tested for the photocatalytic water splitting and decontamination studies. The JRF s research will also lead towards getting his/her PhD degree in the above.mentioned field.
Candidates desiring to appear for the Interview should submit their applications with the following documents the office of Principal Investigator through email, by post or produce at the time of Interview.
- Application in a plain paper with detailed CV including chronological discipline of degree/certificates obtained.
- Experience including research, industrial field and others.
- Attested copies of degrees/certificates and experience certificates.
Candidate shall bring along with them the original degree(s)/certificate(s) and experience certificate(s) at the time of interview for verification.
- Date of Interview – 10th May2017
- Time of Interview – 03:00 PM
- Venue of Interview – Office of the HOD. Department of Chemistry