“Your Leadership. Energising Reliance. India’s Future”
The Reliance Group is India’s largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. Group’s annual revenues are in excess of US$ 73bn. The flagship company, Reliance Industries Limited, is a Fortune Global 114 company and is the largest private sector company in India. Backward vertical integration has been the cornerstone of the evolution and growth of Reliance. Starting with textiles in the late seventies, Reliance pursued a strategy of backward vertical integration – in polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics, petrochemicals, petroleum refining and oil and gas exploration and production – to be fully integrated along the materials and energy value chain.
Noble Metal Catalysis – Research Scientist (110264)
Req ID – 110264
Location – Maharashtra
Experience – 0 to 3 years
Division – Research & Development
Ensure conceptualization, execution and completion of experiments in the area of supported noble metal catalysis and generate accurate and reproducible data from experiments following all safe practices and in a risk minimized manner.
- Supervise and execute laboratory / pilot plant experiments pertaining to supported noble metal catalysis research such as catalyst preparation using various methods, catalyst characterization using textural, structural & spectroscopic analysis & evaluation of catalysts in chemical transformations.
- Organize facilities for experiments in supported noble metal catalysis research such as chemicals, equipments, analytical methods etc..
- Conduct literature survey in the area of supported noble metal catalysis research and compile information for dissemination & critical analysis.
- Develop work method and prepare SOPs for experiments in supported noble metal catalysis research including designing & planning of experiments.
- Accountable for Safety Health and Environment while working in laboratory.
- Make available data for drafting scheduled progress reports & Prepare technical reports and data documentation in time.
- Review validity of analysis and test methods related to supported noble metal catalysis research.
- Participate in scale-up plant trials featuring supported noble metal catalysis & interact with team members located across different centres.
- Assist in plant trouble shooting pertaining to supported noble metal catalysis.
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills)
- Knowledge of principles of heterogeneous catalysis & hands on experience in catalyst synthesis & evaluation in vapour phase and liquid phase catalytic reactors.
- Specialized knowledge & skills in preparation by different techniques, characterization by structural/ morphological/ spectroscopic/ textural tools and catalytic applications of supported noble metal catalysts.
- Sound knowledge of inorganic material synthesis by various chemical approaches.
- Awareness of application of catalysis in petrochemical & refining.
Key Attributes (Experience and Qualifications)
- Ph.D. in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering with specialization in Heterogeneous catalysis/inorganic material synthesis. Experience in noble metal catalysis is preferred.