Walk in interview on 12th January, Thursday, 2017 for a DST/SERB project entitled “Photoswitchable Reversible Molecular Transport – Developing Model Systems’
Essential qualifications: MSc/MS degree in Chemistry (or equivalent degree) with NET JRF
(or) GATE (Chemistry) qualification
Candidate with experience in synthetic organic chemistry is desirable. Should be able to join as soon as possible. The selected candidate is expected to perform synthesis, spectroscopic studies with respect to characterization and photoswitching studies. The candidate should be motivated and hard working. Possibility of converting the project position to a PhD position will exist for candidates clearing PhD entry requirements at IISER Mohali while working on the project work.
Emolumnets: As per DST rules (Rs. 25,000 + HRA)
Project Duration: Two years and three months (Initially, position will be given for one year, after a satisfactory performance by the candidate this can be extended)
Documents required during the walk-in interview:
1. An application letter and CV (biodata) with the following information
2. Date of Birth.
3. Educational qualification from School examination onwards and documents in support of the Education qualification
4. Documents in support of NET JRF (or) GATE (Chemistry) qualification
5. Research experience, papers/reports/conference proceedings published, if any.
6. Address for correspondence with email address and phone number.
Contact: Dr. Sugumar Venkataramani, Assistant Professor, DCS, IISER Mohali
Office: AB1/AB-4B, Academic Block
E-mail: sugumarv @ iisermohali.ac.in
Date of Interview: 12th January, Thursday, 2017
Time: 11:00 am (The candidates are asked to report 30 minutes in advance)
Venue: AB1/AB-5A, Department of Chemistry, IISER Mohali.