National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL), Pune, is internationally known for its excellence in scientific research in chemistry and chemical engineering as well as for its outstanding track record of industrial research involving partnerships with industry from concept to commercialization.
Job Title: Research Associate
Number of Vacancies: POSTS for RA (1 or 2 Chemistry + 1 or 2 Chemical Eng.)
- 1. Continuous flow manufacturing of functional nano materials &
- 2. Waste water treatment
- RA-1: Ph. D. Sci., preferably in the area of nanomaterial/ polymeric synthesis, material characterization, application testing, etc.
- RA-2: Ph. D. Chemical Engineering, preferably in the area of process engineering/ separations/ process modelling
- RA-3: Ph. D. Sci./Eng./Tech. preferably in waste water treatment
- RA-1 (Chemistry): synthesis of functional materials (especially nanomaterials, nanoparticles, nanowires and nanoporous materials), well versed with characterization techniques for nanomaterials, actual hands on experience on characterization techniques, data interpretation, and understanding of reaction kinetics.
- RA-2 (Chemical Engineering): Reaction engineering, modelling of reaction kinetics (well versed with MATLAB/C++), experimental skills, experience of design (of reactor, separation equipment, etc.), process engineering (selection of process components, P&ID, process calculations, and design of control loops)
- For RA-1 and RA-2, candidates with experience in flow synthesis of nanomaterials and with relevant publications may be preferred.
- RA-3 (waste water treatment): experience of working on waste water treatment, design, adsorption and adsorbent synthesis etc
- RA-1 (Chemistry): lab scale flow synthesis of identified functional materials, their characterization, data interpretation, and developing reaction kinetics, training project fellows and monitoring their work.
- RA-2 (Chemical Engineering): lab scale and pilot scale experiments for continuous synthesis of functional materials, pilot plant design, operation of pilot plants, modelling of reaction kinetics, process design, training project fellows and monitoring their work.
- RA-3 (waste water treatment): working on methods for waste water treatment, analysis of using different techniques, etc.
Age Limit: 35 years
Emolument: Rs. 40000/- + HRA for RA as per DST/CSIR guidelines
How to Apply:
Applications giving full particulars in the following format may kindly be submitted: (1) Name of the applicant (signed bio-data), (2) Proof of Date of Birth, (3) Educational Qualification (furnish details commencing from SSC), (4) Experience and full details, (5) Address for communication, (6) Pass port size colour photograph on the top of the application & (7) Telephone/Mobile No./Email address, if any. On the envelop pl. clearly mention whether you are looking for RA1/RA2/RA3 position as given above.
The application with the above information duly signed together with SELF ATTESTED photo-copies of relevant certificates / testimonials should be addressed to:
The Head, CE & PD Division (Attn: Dr. Amol A. Kulkarni) National Chemical Laboratory, Pune 411 008, so as to reach before 6th January, 2017
The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this Notice of appointment is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendation of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates for interview to reasonable limits after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
The candidates recommended by the Screening Committee to be called for interview would be notified on the divisional Notice Board on January 10, 2017 OR the candidates may ascertain the information by contacting the following telephone No. 020- 2590 2620 after 2.30 pm. Contact persons: Mr. H. Raheja.
The candidates recommended by the Screening Committee should directly appear before the Selection Committee for an interview at CE&PD Division – PP-1 meeting Room of the Laboratory on January 16, 2016 at 10 am. No interview call letter will be issued separately.
No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer of engagement.
Application Deadline – 06th January 2017