“Your Leadership. Energising Reliance. India’s Future”
The Reliance Group is India’s largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. Group’s annual revenues are in excess of US$ 73bn. The flagship company, Reliance Industries Limited, is a Fortune Global 114 company and is the largest private sector company in India. Backward vertical integration has been the cornerstone of the evolution and growth of Reliance. Starting with textiles in the late seventies, Reliance pursued a strategy of backward vertical integration – in polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics, petrochemicals, petroleum refining and oil and gas exploration and production – to be fully integrated along the materials and energy value chain.
The Group’s activities span exploration and production of oil and gas, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals (polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics and chemicals), textiles, retail, infotel and special economic zones.
Reliance enjoys global leadership in its businesses, being the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world and among the top five to ten producers in the world of major petrochemical products. Major Group Companies are Reliance Industries Limited, including its subsidiaries and Reliance Industrial Infrastructure Limited.
Career Opportunities: New Product Development – Research Scientist (123027)
Req ID 123027 – Posted 15/12/2016 – Gujarat – 0 to 3 years – Research & Development
Carry out R&D in multiple research programs in the area of polymer/elastomer new product development. Facilitate improvements in polymer/elastomer products development of commercial value.
- Plan and conduct research programmes in polymer/elastomer new product development
- Prepare draft proposal for polymer/elastomer product development research programmes.
- Project planning, design of experiments and scale-up
- Prepare charter for polymer/elastomer product development research projects
- Prioritise and set milestones for polymer/elastomer product development research program
- Understand the need of business/manufacturing requirement. Jointly work out strategy to provide research support.
- Decide newer approaches for analysis
- Acquire mastery in polymer/elastomer product development area
- Mentoring subordinates and ensure knowledge sharing with team
- Dissemination of learning from projects within polymer/elastomer product development R&D area
- Monitor and audit compliance with applicable HSE procedures/ practices
- Conduct PSA and PSSR for the polymer/elastomer product development
- Critical assessment of available information and data base
- Responsible for preparing research / analytical reports
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills)
- Analyse results and finalize findings
- Review and finalize draft reports on projects and their application in polymer/elastomer product development
- Ensure accurate records as per SLP (standard laboratory practice)
- Supervise experimental data maintenance in laboratory
- HSE procedures/ practices in the laboratory & pilot plant with respect to experiments in polymer/elastomer product development research
- Technical /scientific interactions within and outside the organization to enhance knowledge horizon with specific focus on polymer/elastomer product development
- Initiate /propose for outsourcing external experts and/or collaboration/consultancy in the area of polymer/elastomer product development
Key Attributes (Experience and Qualifications)
PhD in chemistry/Material science/polymer chemistry/Elastomer research
Reliance has six Values and associated behaviors which are the essential and enduring tenets underpinning all decisions and way of life at Reliance and every employee is expected to abide by them. We are also committed to adhering to our candidate charter to deliver the best candidate experience.