Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Job Title : Regional Product Specialist
Reports To : Sales Manager / Area Business Manager
Group/ Division : IDD SDG
Location : Kolkata
- Establishing the concept of Invitro allergy & autoimmunity diagnosis on Immunocap.
- Achieve the sales of instruments / test volume/ reagent sales target for all the segments in that region.
- Act as a window person for the scientific advisor/ product management team in New Delhi.
- Responsible for increasing the test volumes in commercial laboratories in the region.
- Drive the campaigns focusing on Invitro allergy testing awareness in the region.
- Identify & work closely with Indian kols in allergy & asthma & involve selected kols in our awareness initiatives by identifying & meeting them regularly.
- Implement promotional strategies & suggested panels for Indian clinicians with help from PMT team in New Delhi.
- Meet around 200 customers in a month (kolss & commercial labs / hospitals decision makers) who are prospective clients for Immunocap.
- Should be able to support the commercial laboratories in allergy awareness & thereby support sales training of channel partners as well as labs sales teams & working with them on promotion of scientific concepts of allergy at clients level.
- Should be able to implement strategies for allergy & autoimmunity promotion independently / with channel partners as well as partner labs.
- Make a list of all commercial labs in that region as well as hospitals as leads for immunocap & ensure that they are met & converted to clients.
- Conduct promotional activities like CME/ conferences / symposias either independently / by providing scientific support to channel partners & commercial labss marketing team.
- Identify business development opportunities like CROs, B2B testing, industrial testing etc. & meet the targets for the same.
- Support channel partners to scientifically reply to clinicians queries & visit the leads with channel partners.
- Collect, analyze & report market information.
- Science graduate /B.Pharma
- Age 26 to 30 years
- Approx. 3 5 yrs of experience in sales / as product specialist from healthcare / specialized medical devices requiring clinical interactions / pharmaceuticals (preferably having experience in meeting specialists from ENT /chest /PAED/ medicine etc) & working towards demand generation by prescriptions
- Self reliant & a good ability to work as team player
- Scientific way of thinking & establishing concepts
- Fluency in English & computer skills
- Preferably good knowledge / understanding of medical / healthcare industry
- Willing to travel extensively
Non Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Science graduate/ B. Pharma
- 3 4 yrs of relevant experience with pharmaceuticals/ concept based product selling
- Experience of handling channel partners & demand generation through clinicians